He liked it

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Wheely, Mar 4, 2007.

1. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

I knew that title would get your attention...I took my husband out today with a "dinosour" bow. It is very old. Anyway, it is the first time he ever even held a bow and hit the target everytime at 20 yards. No peep, just weird lookin' pins. Anywhoo, since I don't know anything about shopping for a bow. Is it possible to get him something decent with all or most the accessories for under $500 to get him started?

2. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

Yes, very possible, you can get a rough idea about prices on e-bay. but usually those prices are a little high. You should be able to get a 2 or 3 year old bow with all the accessories for the price you're looking for.

3. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

That is a good shooting bow for that price.

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

5. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

new bow

Hi! there are some great package deal's going on at all the major retailor's,some with free shipping over $400.00
    First you have to check his draw/length & figure out what weight he can handle & be comfortable with & you got it.
    I just purc. a martain-tracer for my son after christmas sale at bass pro
    ever thing but the arrow's came with it under 400.00 ordered a range finder & shipping was free bow came in 4 day's.:biggrin1:

6. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Very possible look in the classifieds or Bear archery,Martin bengal,Mission archery,Reflex.

7. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

tHIS ABSOLUTLY AUSUME(AWESOME) iT THRILLS MY SOUL TO SEE FAMILYS ASHOOTING ON THE RANGE TOGETHER SHARING LIFE IN ALL ASPECTS OF THIER LIFES.
    HOPE YOU CAN FIND HIM A REALLY GOOD DEAL ON A :smokin: BOW> hs

8. Jay Are

Jay Are Junior Member

Of course it is possible to find something for him. But most importantly make sure you know what his DL is and how much he can pull back when you get a bow from a place that is other than a Proshop. There is nothing worse than getting a bow and slapping your arm everytime you shoot or unable to pull back your bow that you just dropped cash for.

9. red44

red44 Senior Member

Jay has a good point. Whats his wingspan, fingertip to finger tip? Mine is 75". If divided by 2.5 I'd shoot an AMO 30" bow. I use a d-loop and shoot a 29" cam. The DW should'nt be too much, but most can be turned down at least 10 pounds from max DW. Some cams have DL adjustment within the cams, and might be a safer bet if you're (he) is not sure. Better a little short than long.