Heater body suit

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by lungcutter, Sep 17, 2007.

1. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

Does anyone have one or ever used one? Are they the real deal,and is the zipper quiet enough to use in a ground blind?

2. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I never tried one but my thought was that it's another big and bulky thing you have to carry into the timber. I already have my day-pack, climber and bow and my daypack is packed with stuff. If I get too warm I just unzip my existing hunting garb... And I ususally leave my jacket off until I get to the tree I want to climb unless it's really cold out. It's a decent idea, I just don't know how practical it is.

Ron

3. bowcraze30

bowcraze30 Senior Member

my father uses one during rifle season when he sits all day. besides the bulk the do work even if its pouring rain

4. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

I spoke with the owner of the company today and he said that they are quiet and that you dont need as many clothes to wear when you sit in the suit. I still wonder if it works as good as they say.

5. chainsawlaskowski

chainsawlaskowski Junior Member

Heater body suits

I have tried mine and it works like they say. Another friend of mine also loves his. The hardest thing besides carrying it in is trying to stay awake when you are so warm and cozy! It is a good product if you hunt in cold weather for any length of time. I am also trying something new this year. My wife is from Texas and now we live and hunt in Wisconsin. I found a mfg. (JETT - out of Austrailia) that sells a self contained, battery powered heated vest. The rechargeable battery is supposed to be good for up to 12 hours and has adjustable heat settings. Along with a spare battery, it cost $240.00. I got the idea from when I rode motorcycles. Most of those vests were of the plug in type but this one has the battery on the vest. The nice thing is that you can also use it for other activities besides hunting. She will be trying it this season as soon as it cools down. I'll keep everyone posted as to how it works out. Jeff

6. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

Do you're torsos really get that cold??? I just need heated socks and I'd be fine.. My toes get reeeeaaaalllllyyyyy cold....

7. chainsawlaskowski

In Wisconsin, I've already hunted in 6 degree temps during the rut in November. Also if you sit all day, It tends to get cold no matter what you're wearing. Now add in the factor that my wife's from Texas and yes, she needs a little help staying warm. I figure that the longer I can keep her comfortable, the longer she'll stay in the stand. I even find myself getting chilled on some of those blustery Nov. days! (especially now that I'm officially an "old fart" at 51.) Jeff

8. chainsawlaskowski

I forgot to mention that I also got her electric (battery) heated socks, and she uses plenty of disposable handwarmers too. Jeff

9. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

Wow you are an old fart.....:p

I couldn't sit all day in an enclosed heated building.....so......socks is all I need. I see where you are coming from though.....:peace:

10. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I get cold but dredly once astablished its because I bleed.......:tape: :lol: :lol: :lol:

11. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

When the weather set in here and you have to sit all day you get cold. I think it would be nice to slip the heavy stuff off right before the shot.

12. VE6WTF

VE6WTF Senior Member

Well I personally wouldnt bother.

To much to carry... and what happens when you fall out of the stand??? you aint got no arms!!

Up here in the real cold (Canada) northern alberta you just layer and you do fine

13. bbitter

bbitter New Member

my buddy loves his and says it works just like they say it does.

bitter