Hello and a question

Discussion in 'Beginners Archery Range' started by Chelle B., Dec 25, 2007.

1. Chelle B.

Chelle B. New Member

Just wanted to introduce myself, I'm the new girl! :wave:

I have only been shooting a bow for a little over a year, I am currently shooting a Diamond Rapture (and I love it!). *I* think that I am pretty good at it, at least when I am all alone and no one is watching haha...

Anyhow, my question: this morning I noticed that my string is just starting to fray a bit...only slightly, but enough that I am worried and afraid to shoot it.

I've been very careful to keep it waxed, and it is only a year old.

Is this a problem?? Will it need to be restrung?

Well, thanks for listening and Merry Christmas!!

2. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

:welcome: Chelle!!

What are the chances of having 2 Chelle's on this forum?

Where are you from? I lived in Idaho for a couple years and my family is all over there still. Boise area.

If I were afraid to shoot my bow cuz of fraid strings, I would have them changed or at least looked at by a pro shop. If you are nervous to shoot it, you could develop bad habits.

3. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

freying is normal. its gonna happen. unless the strands are freying in half or breaking it should be ok. Depending on how bad it is. I use Venom string lube instead of wax. it soaks in the string. lighter than wax. and alot easier to apply.

4. Chelle B.

Chelle B. New Member

Thanks for the :welcome: Wheels!

(Two Chelle's? Now that is funny. :)

I just moved to South Eastern Idaho about 6 months ago. Before that I lived in Montana and I am originally from Wyoming. So I'm kinda moving around in prime hunting country you could say haha...

I see your point, even if it isn't a danger, shooting while nervous could develop bad habits. I never thought of that!!

Pinwheel ~ it is not even very noticable, really...just two or three thin strands that have unravelled. I just don't want to take any chances, I've seen a bow string pop on someone and I'd rather not have it happen to me lol.

I will take your advice on the Venom, thanks!! :)

5. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

:welcome: to the forum first of all... Where exactly are you seeing the freying occur? Wheelie gave you some good advice if it is worrying you take it and have it looked at in a Pro Shop...:wave: :wave:

6. MoSkeeter0311

MoSkeeter0311 New Member

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

7. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Welcome Chelle...
    It may not be a problem but wheels is right if it concerned you enough to question it have it looked at...:biggrin1:

8. J.C.

J.C. New Member

:welcome: Chelle. B! :wave: :wave:

9. wyatt

wyatt Junior Member

dont shoot it if your nock point has mooved!! Some fraying is normal.

10. Slippy

Slippy Buckeyes #1

I'd keep waxing it if I were you.

I too use the scorpion venom string lube, great product.

11. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Just slap some wax on there, rub it in good and then get back out there and shoot!

12. CSS Shooter

CSS Shooter Senior Member

Welcome and get the Venom it is awsome. If it is unraveling it sounds like it could be the serving but this is just a guess.

13. Chelle B.

Chelle B. New Member

Thanks everyone!

:laugh: Wow, you guys are awesome, thank you for all the welcomes and advice!

I took it in to my local shop and they basically said it was no big deal (and probably laughed at me when I left for being so paranoid haha).

That's OK if they did though, I got them back by not buying anything expensive (this time). :p

Oh, but I did grab some Venom ~ thanks again for that tip!

Chelle B.

14. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

:welcome: Chelle B :typing: post all you want :help: we are happy to help

15. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

:welcome: to the forum Chelle B.

Great having you with us. As for the shop guys laughing at you.......I doubt it we in the archery world take any questions from a new archer very seriously. You never know til you ask. So please do not hesitate asking questions here or at your shop. You had a very legitimate question.

Good luck and post up alot we would like to get to know you more. For the most part we are a friendly bunch around here...........just watch out for the bunnyman.:laugh:

16. Pinwheel1969

Yeah, watch out for Bunnyman !!! You just never know about a guy who named Bunny..:lol:

17. chelleo

chelleo Senior Member

Now this is too weird.....what is very strange is I almost thought this was me...but then I haven't been a Chelle B for 13 yrs. My other married surname was Beard so ok now I'm having senior moments LOL. Welcome other Chelle and yes we need more ladies here always. So what is your full name....Chelle isn't usually by itself LOL...mine starts with Ro so what bout you?

18. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

There you are.....I wonder about you sometimes, you have been so quiet for a while, how's it going chelleo? :wave:

19. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Funny I have always been called harmless.........:lol: :lol: :lol:

20. Pinwheel1969

:lol: now thats comical my fellow bunny killer:lol: