Hello from NW Montana

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Huntr_MT, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Huntr_MT

Huntr_MT Guest

Found this site a few days ago and after reading through a few of the threads, decided to sign up and visit often.

Just getting back to archery after being gone for about 12 years (other than a few hunting trips), after being invited to a 3D shoot by my niece and nephew.

Had a great time shooting, but realized that the shoulders could do with a bit more let-off due to... well... getting older.

Just wanted to throw out a 'hello'.

Currently shooting an XI Legend Mag, 2413's, most of the names are worn off the rest of the accessories...

2. Sammy PSU

Sammy PSU Guest

:welcome:

Normally Bowman or Dredly are first, but not this time! LOL

3. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Great having ya round.
    Enjoy and post up often.
    A truck driver said that this one one of tha 2 states west of tha mS he would live.

:welcome: Smokes

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

:welcome: welcome our newest freind....

so tell me something.....before you went to that first 3-d shoot why were you not going to them all ready??

I only ask this because i am trying to figure out how to get more people intersted and involved in 3-d in my area......

did you not know about them, were you intimidated that you may not do so good??

and now that you have been to one, what are your feelings....would you do it again, or is not you cup of tea????

5. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

:welcome: to the forum glad to have you with us. That ole XI truly brings back some memories I have a friend that used to shoot the XI Flatliner. Also congrats on the first 3D. Sure hope you stay around and help us pick on Bowman.:biggrin1: :peace:

6. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Welcome to the forum.
    3D is a lot of fun. I love it even though I stink and my friends make fun of me...
    :laugh:

Ron

7. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

:welcome: to this crazy place and back into the addiction of archery. Those 3D's are my favorite (especially since I keep placing :peace: )

8. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

FIRST PLACE

9. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

first place is a good place too be.....:noidea:

10. Huntr_MT

Huntr_MT Guest

Thanks for the great welcome folks...
    To answer the questions... I haven't been doing much shooting after a bad experience back around 1993, did a lot of shooting before then -- including 3D's.

Also did a career change (custom cabinetry) that has been keeping me pretty busy lately, but something that also may end up with my making some custom archery items. :)

As far as shooting the 3D courses, not intimidated at all (just gotta love the sound of an arrow smacking into the metal bonus targets :biggrin1: ), I'm more of an enjoyment shooter and like the practice for hunting. I've heard of a few of them in the area since moving back home to Montana, but it wasn't until an invite with the niece/nephew that I went to one.

I'm in the process of upgrading equipment now as I do plan on shooting a lot more. We already have 2 scheduled that include hooking up the 5th wheel and making a weekend out of the event.

Again, thanks for the great welcome.

11. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

HA there!

:welcome: To the second greatest place in the world to be in!
    The first is my tree stand with my bow!

12. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Welcome to the forum...!!!:peace:

13. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

Welcome, I have relatives who live in Bozeman. They call it god's country and I would have to agree. It is just amazing out there.

14. Huntr_MT

Huntr_MT Guest

heh, I'd have to agree. That's why after being gone for 27 years -- we moved back home to Montana in '99.