Help getting sponsored!

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Mathewsju, Jun 23, 2008.

1. Mathewsju

Mathewsju New Member

I'd like to email a few companies and ask for a sponsorship. I shoot very well, but I'm wondering what specifically I should include in my emails/letters? Any suggestions? I would bet they want to hear about my scores, types of archery I shoot, set up, personality... what else? Should I treat it like a job application and send a list of contacts to verify my skill and put a good word in for me?
    Thanks, Mathewsju!

2. J.C.

J.C. New Member

I think most of them want a resume

3. goldflinger

goldflinger Senior Member

I think a picture of you shooting would be a good idea. It may not be fair, but if you look good, you probably have a better chance than someone who does not....

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I am here to prove this statement completly FALSE..........

wanna see the pics??:lol: :lol: :lol:

5. goldflinger

I think I speak for the group when I say........NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

6. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

HATER............:peace:

7. goldflinger

8. rpford53

rpford53 Member

You need to put together a resume and it is not just about your shooting ability. You need to include what you have done for the archery world and what you plan on doing to continue your presence in the archery community and spread archery to others. Normal it starts with a local archery shop and shooting for them and being very involved in the archery around your area. From there you need to continue building your resume. When requesting to be sponsored, you need to normally fill out thier application and attach you resume along with it.

9. cboutin

cboutin New Member

Most company want to see what you do to promote archery in a positve light you don't always have to be the best shooter .