Help identiffing this sight...

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by IChim2, Aug 16, 2007.

1. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

My wife bought this at a yard sell today for 3 bucks.It's a cobra and looks brand new but i know it's not.Anyone have an idea when it was made.I've seen a lot of sights but guess i missed this one.Going to send it to my 16 year old son.

2. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

looking at the way the fiber pins connect and the micro adjustment screw. It looks like an older Toxonics to me.

3. IChim2

It says cobra on it.Well made sight for an older one.The micro drive is what has me stumped about the age of it.never saw it before.I thought i seen most all of cobra's sights in the past several years.just curious.

4. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

yeah the frame looks alot like a cobra. I just noticed the way the fibers attach to the pin. Its the way Toxonics older sights. Like my old Sniper works.
    If it says cobra. its a cobra!!:lol: :lol:

5. IChim2

just thought someone new when they were made.

6. MoBowman

MoBowman Senior Member

You'll probably find that itis only three of four years old. Saw alot of those sites going thru Walmart not to long ago. Inexpensive but useable.

7. IChim2

Thanks.I don't buy any archery from wal-mart so i guess thats why i never saw it before.Not a bad sight though and my 16 yo son likes anything i send him that has to do with archery.

8. IChim2

The pins are adjusted by an allen wrench....the micro drive move's the whole pin houseing/pins up/down.

9. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Yeah...that was my thought also.

10. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

That looks like the sight I had on my Alpine and it was about 7 years old, but I think that one looks alittle newer :noidea:

11. IChim2

It doesn't look like it was used much..no scratches or dings.Just a couple small pc's on mole hair on it.good solid sight.oh well..my kid will like it.Gives him something to try out and mess with.

12. nyarcher

nyarcher Member

I would say walmart on that one.your son should get some good use out of it though.