help me choose

Discussion in 'Beginners Archery Range' started by rampingray, Apr 12, 2007.

1. black ice

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  2. Illusion

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  3. the truth

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
  4. other

6 vote(s)
    46.2%
  1. rampingray

rampingray Junior Member

Ok i have about a 31'' draw and i was looking at couple different ones. i am really just looking for a rugged and high quality bow for whitetails

2. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

price

It all depend's on how much money you want to spend.:biggrin1:

3. rampingray

rampingray Junior Member

i can get parker pse browning and diamond for cheaper

4. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

choices

I can suggest several in different price ranges,hunting only,3-d,indoor.
    what are you looking to shoot.& what is your price range.
    and by the way :welcome: to our forum.:biggrin1:

5. rampingray

rampingray Junior Member

well i really am only whitetail hunting and i pretty much narrowed it down to the bows in the poll because i can get them below retail. and thanks for the welcome!

6. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

deer

If your deer hunting only
    My personal best for dependability is a pse,mathew's & martan

7. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I fired the Black Ice. Very nice bow.
    I have not tried the others so I cannot comment on them.

Ron

8. medlife04

medlife04 Junior Member

the bear truth is a very nice bow very forgiving. lightweight, accurate, one of the most quiet bows out very nice for the money
    :rockon:

9. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

I'm not going to steer you one way or another. We could go on and on about a bow for hunting purposes only!! I'm a PSE guy . so, I'm alittle biased. But I'm not one to say there arent any other good hunting bows. My experience is w/ mathews,bowtech, martin,pse. I personally love my Illusion. I bought mine in '05 when they first came out. I have been looking at alot of hunting bows lately. and ahvent found a reason to get rid of it yet. Fit, trim and performance. the Illusion is hard to beat. also, take a look at the Martin Bengal. Excellent bow. I havent shot any diamonds yet. There basically a bowtech. And I have shot a bowtech. Parker, not a big fan of. Fed bear truth. Excellent bow. but has to many mathews accessories on it. looks like a split limb switchback to me!! LOL, But a super smooth bow!

10. rampingray

rampingray Junior Member

i shoot the illusion last night at work and it was great but i still want to try the fred bear. but last night i was messing with the chorno and i was only hitting 278 fps with it i really want it about 300

11. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

with the Illusion?
    w/ what arrow weight. I tested mine at 70#, 30" draw w/ a 350 grn arrow and got 319fps.
    My set up now is : 338 grn arrow at 63# and 28" draw and I'm getting 288 fps.

12. rampingray

rampingray Junior Member

i am not sure i am new to the grain match thing but he said i was close to 5grains per pound or something like that?????? on the scale it read about 68# and he set the module to 30''

13. dodgedude2003

dodgedude2003 Junior Member

I tried the Black Ice and the Truth while looking for my new bow. Of those two, I liked the Black Ice much better.

What about a Reflex?
    They run $100 to $150 less than the Diamond here, depending on which bow your looking at.