Help me complete my shopping :)

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by brandon45, May 19, 2008.

1. brandon45

brandon45 New Member

Today I bought a kwikee kwik 3 arrow quiver, and s-coil stabilizer, and a Ground max escape dx. Tomorrow im getting my bow tuned from the ground up by a renowned archer and technician in my area for forty bucks. Then Im going to need to buy camo, shoes, a turkey call( I want to practice over the summer, which ones do you recommend)

At the moment I have a Mathews FX2, s-coil stabilizer, cobra 3 pin sight, 6 easton st epic 500's, 3 muzzy mx-3 broadheads, a kwikee kwik3 quiver, an allen wrench kit, string wax, and a ground blind.

What else is necessary buy for florida hog/turkey/deer hunting.

2. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

well you need a target to practice!

3. J.C.

J.C. New Member

you didn't mention a rest.....:noidea:

4. brandon45

brandon45 New Member

My bad I have a trophy taker pronghorn fall away rest and a field point target should pick up a broadhead after I get it tuned

5. poorman

poorman And thats no lie !

What kind of release? Or are you shooting fingers?

6. brandon45

brandon45 New Member

oops! I have a tru ball cyclone release, what's a good cheap pair of binoculars and is the lynch fool proof box call good?

7. poorman

poorman And thats no lie !

You can get a pair of bushnell bino's fairly cheap 20-30 dollars at walmart. Cant help on the box call. Dont own one.

8. brandon45

brandon45 New Member

what zoom do I need/want etc?

9. pred8er

pred8er He who eats fuzzy animals

If you're hunting from a ground blind, camo is almost a mute point. It's like the guys on TV wearing their blaze orange inside a box blind, like anyone is going to see it. :noidea: Most people I see using ground blinds now have shifted to basic black to hide in the shadows created by the blind windows.

If you really want camo, I would hit up walmart at the end of the season and get their sales, or since it's usually warm in Florida during bow season, hit a Bass Pro and pick up their Ultra Light Weight Mess camo. It's comfy and cool.

10. hophunt

hophunt New Member

Not sure how good your range estimation skills are, but you might consider a range finder.