Help please. Fletching/cable clearance issues

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by krist003, Feb 27, 2008.

1. krist003

krist003 New Member

Hey everyone, I need some help. I just got a 2007 Diamond Black ice. I mounted my whisker biscuit rest to it and my blazer vanes come in contact with the string cables when shot, like the cables are not pulled away enough. I have the rest out as far as it will go. Hopefully this is an easy issue you guys can help me fix.
    Thanks!!!

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

WELCOME TO YOU:welcome:

is the rest centered on the riser??
    is the cable gaurd adjustable??

we need more info and maybe even pics.....

3. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

The cable guard is straight on that...

4. krist003

krist003 New Member

I found out by searching the internet that Bowtech/Diamond bows have clearance issues with blazers because thier strings are not offset as much. Is that stupid or what? I can not believe that Bowtech does this on thier bows.

People say to turn the **** vane out instead of up, but i have a whisker biscuit and that kinda bugs me. I replaced the cable guide that i have with one that puts the cables as close as possible to the cable slide bar.

This just blows me away that bowtech has not caught on to this. Any other ideas would be appreciated.

5. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Turning the nock is the simplest solution. If you want more clearance get a Saunders Hyper Glide Slide.

6. firechic

firechic IKE refugee... hehe

Chris... what is the difference between a regular cable slide and the Saunders Hyper Glide slide????

7. Bullrider115

Bullrider115 New Member

Absolutely right, turn the color vane out. Years ago that is what the color vane was for. If you are shooting a dropaway or the biscuit, no big deal. You can't do it with the Hostage rest Bowtech/Diamond are carrying though.

I do agree, they need to fix it, but these are great shooting bows and IMO the Blazers are a bit overrated. There are many others, even in the Bohing line that aren't as high and will get the job done. Remember the days when we had to tune everything. Again, no big deal.

8. I am glad you posted this, if this is true then this is some good info for future reference. :thumb:

9. Slippy

Slippy Buckeyes #1

Yeah, but I must shoot with my **** vane straigh up. On my bow, I just loosened the cable bar and nudged her over a tad for my blazers

10. Cameron

Cameron Senior Member

Sounds like there might me some center shot adjustments needed as well. I am shoot **** feather up, with Blazers on my A82 with no clearance issues.

11. Slippy

Slippy Buckeyes #1

You might not have clearance issues but you definitely have issues, no mistake about it.

I know this much, if your fletching hits the cables, your arrows will fly funny.

12. Cameron

Cameron Senior Member

I just shoot my bow upside down with a WB, and cant the bow to get the clearance.:doh:

13. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

:peace: :peace:

AWSOME IDEA

14. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

The saunders pulls the cables a little closer to the cable rod. It's a pretty nice slide and give more clearance for fletching.

15. Slippy

Slippy Buckeyes #1

You archery greenhorns will figure it out some day, just takes time. More time for some.

16. archer1983

archer1983 New Member

How do you figure?

17. Slippy

Slippy Buckeyes #1

Simple chemistry my friend.

18. Cameron

Cameron Senior Member

You meant physics, right?:noidea:

19. archer1983

archer1983 New Member

I didnt take chemistry. They didnt offer it past the 6th grade. [​IMG]