HELP please. Looking for a bow

Discussion in 'Beginners Archery Range' started by wellawayfarm, Mar 30, 2008.

1. wellawayfarm

wellawayfarm New Member

Hi. I am currently looking for a bow for my girlfriend for her birthday. She wants to get into archery with me. She only can handle a 40-50 pound bow and has a 28" draw. Does anyone have any advise on which bow I should look at too buy her. I have no price range. I am open to anything. Thanks

Adam S.

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

how serious is she and is this something she will continue??

how much are you looking to spend???

3. wellawayfarm

wellawayfarm New Member

She really wants to get into it. She's been with me to 3d shoots and she wants to go hunting with me. I think she will stick with it for a long time. I wont spend any more than $1000 for everything.

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

not to try and sell you a a bow, but I have a slightly used Switchback XT in the classifieds here, you would need to get limbs, as mine are 60-70:noidea:

its 28" right handed

send me a PM and we can talk:wave:

5. clemenlp

clemenlp Diamond in the Rough

If you are looking at getting into a new rig try out the diamond edge. I will say though that the SB XT is a great rig and used would still probably still serve her well.

6. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

Classifieds are great. Take her to many archery shops and have her shoot as many as she can. Not many out there at shops in the 40# range but lots of 60# that can be backed down to 50#. GOOD LUCK AND KEEP US POSTED.