Help Werd!!!

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Werd, Jul 13, 2008.

1. Werd

Werd Senior Member

Tired of this TRX... The bottom cam keeps eating my cables. I don't have the money to keep buying cables. Ok. I came to the conclusion. NEW BOW!!!!!

This is what I have. 800 to spend.

Diamond Liberty
    Hoyt. Don't know much about them, but pops has one, and that thing is ridiculously quiet. I'm leaning towards them. How is the Katera? I know bunnyman, :D I have to go to the shop and shoot one. But right now, no license, or I would live at the shop. Hmm.. I was also looking at diamonds. I have no idea. I just want to get rid of this cable eater.

2. Werd

Werd Senior Member

bowtech guardian? or the 82nd airborne looking nice.

3. J.C.

J.C. New Member

I shot a katera and was VERY impressed with it. very smooth for that much speed.

4. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

If I were buying a new Hoyt bow I would probably go with the Vectrix or Vectrix XT. The Katera just did not draw or hold as nice to me.:noidea:

5. Werd

Werd Senior Member

k. thanks. I'll check them out. wow. and only 600. thats 200 less that i was thinking of spending. hmm. that leaves me with 2 dozen arrows :tape:

edit again... only 600 bare...ouch :frusty:

Last edited: Jul 13, 2008
  6. Rhustek

Rhustek New Member

Check out PSE's package line-ups under their compound bows. I have a X-6 and love it, the X-series is pricey but worth it in my opinion.

7. MoSkeeter0311

MoSkeeter0311 New Member

I hope you have looked into just replacing the cam of the trx. Also look at the Diamond Black Ice. I still love that Bow and will probably be getting one soon.

8. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

you could look for a used Switchback, or XT.......:noidea:

9. Werd

Werd Senior Member

You got one handy.

10. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

why you hiding??:noidea: :laugh:

anyway, I can keep an eye out for one......here pretty quick, you will start seeing bows for sale left and right as people are buying new hunting bows....

Let me see what i can find, if i find something I will let you know.......

11. phillip

phillip Hog wild

I bought the elite gto and It's the last bow i will ever own. got it naked for 750.00,and theres no other bow on the market that can hold a candle to it.
    The speed is out of this world, the bow is so quiet it's like a pin drop, no recoil, no hand shock. now whats good for me may not be good for someone else but if you get a chance to shoot one before you buy a new bow do it. Dont cheat your self treat your self.

12. SinGin

SinGin Banned

Do ya really think 2 dozen arrows will be enough for ya???

13. TEN RING

TEN RING ONE SHOT ONE KILL

14. Werd

Werd Senior Member

:Cry: .

15. new bow

Just remember that if the name of the bow company doesn't start with a M or an E I would be leary of them.

16. Paul S.

Paul S. I do not follow!

Thats the exact opposite of my way of thinking.:D Have you looked at an Allegiance yet? Awesome bow...quiet, fast, very little hand shock, and most importantly...accurate. Its a great "double duty" bow for both hunting and target. :wave:

17. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Surely you are not serious.........

18. phillip

phillip Hog wild

19. Rhustek

Rhustek New Member

Before reading this forum I had never heard of Elite bows. I looked them up and found their website lacking but still some impressive numbers on their bows. What is the deal with that extra bend in the riser above the rest?

20. timbowny

timbowny New Member

WERD go get a Bowtech Allegiance and you will be very happy. It does everything very very well. I know it's not the latest greatest. But it has proven to be a great bow. This could be the last year for that bow. If it is the last year and you have the the 08 it should hold value pretty well. you can't go wrong. OK Mathews boys let the bashing begin.