Help!! WTB 32"DL bow

Discussion in 'Bows for sale or trade' started by BuckStruck7, Aug 16, 2007.

1. BuckStruck7

BuckStruck7 Junior Member

Hey guys i just reciently got into this sport. im fallin for it but im having trouble finding a bow in my price range. i have a 32"draw length and i really like the mathew and the hoyt. if you guys could lead me in the rite direction that would be great :peace: thanks
    Ryan!

2. goldflinger

goldflinger Senior Member

Try ebay. Bad time of year totry to get a bargain. Mayafter xmas. Welcome aboard.:welcome:

3. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

you must be a real big dude, for a 32 inch draw length......

the Switchback LD would be a good choice......

4. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

How tall are you? A wingspan measurement will tell you reasonably close to what you should be. We have found that there are exception on the really long side. Take the wingspan measurement and divide by 2.5

Finger-tip to Finger-tip across your chest, don't let the tape bend.

5. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Welcome to the sport and the forum Ryan...

Maybe an Ovation, lots of those out there now...:noidea:

6. J.C.

J.C. New Member

:welcome: Ryan. Like Chris said, double check your dl to make sure you're 32". If you are, and want a pretty short bow for treestand hunting, look at the Fred Bear Element, Parkers, and the new Pearson Z series bows.

7. BuckStruck7

BuckStruck7 Junior Member

Yeh im 6'8" tall and i went back to the bow shop and they measured me up and i was a 34" DL. they said that my only chances with this sport is if i get a hoyt pro elite with 3500 limbs. and that is going to cost me a pretty penny so if you guys could help me out that would be great. thanks

8. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

I've got a customer that is 7' 1"
    We put him in a Switchback LD at 32" with a loop. I told him he was longer than 32" but he said he had shot 32" since he was 16 years old :scared:
    It is a bit short but it is workable for him.

If your wingspan is the same as your height, it's 32"

9. CSS Shooter

CSS Shooter Senior Member

If you want a good shooter of all of the CSS Bows Get the 41 ATA Challenger. With your draw length and the big brace you will have at the ATA that bow will shoot ticks off of a deer and have really good speed. Call The Factory @ 1-304-302-2697. Chuck and Peggy are good people and can offer you a little more advise on a choice. They truely build custom shooting systems. I have been shooting for them for 4 years now and love every one of their bows. Hope this helps.

Chuck

10. bowhunter79

bowhunter79 Junior Member

I understand your frustration. Im 6'5" and shoot a 31.5" D.L. and thats hard enough to find. Some of your options if you are 32" are limited and if your longer its even harder. Bowtech has the Commander that goes to 32",APA Inovations has one I think that goes to 33" among the others that have been mentioned. Good luck I feel your pain. The good thing is you pick up about 10fps for every inch of D.L.. If you are looking for used Bowtech has the Old Glory from 06 that has mods that adjust to 32". It has to be an 06 though the older ones have to have new cams. If you are looking for a new inexpensive one check out the Browning Vapor its around $550 and goes to 32". Im always looking on E-bay for stuff in my draw length and its slim pickins. Good luck and welcome to the sport. Im currently shooting a Ross 337 and a Hoyt Pro-Elite.

11. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Yes sir I don't want ta make ya mad and wished I'd a had tha site with all tha bows on fer yore that fellar a boy wants on his side:laugh:

Welcome and enjoy this sport ta tha fullest
    Yore in good company here:welcome: