help.

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by jkcerda, Feb 28, 2008.

1. jkcerda

jkcerda the GOON squad POSEE

Ok my friends, I figure you could help me like, so here it is.

I have on 07 Guardian that I just received, I am getting a nasty tear right, about1”:1-1/4” .
    Now I can fix it by sliding my rest (ripcord) ALL the way to the left, but it looks way of center, I mean, really of center.

If I center the rest I do hit the “x” with field points, throw in BH & I am way off; I can see my arrows fishtailing out as I release.

I cannot see any cam lean, need to check for clearance from the rest.

I tried doing a search & have not come up with a decent answer.

bow, Guardian 70 lbs 26.5 DL.
    ripcord rest.
    PSE PRO 300 arows 27.5 long, 100 gr FP.
    2" blazers
    D-loop

Thanks for your help.

2. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Your arrows may be too stiff...

3. 12ring4me

12ring4me Member

timing is everything with a dropway rest.......

make sure that you have your rest falling fast enough before your fletching gets to the rest. You could try some foot powder sprayed on your arrow shaft, this will show you if you are getting rest contact on the arrow. The rest will leave marks in the foot powder on your arrow, it will show how your arrow is tracking in relation to your rest. Or if you need to turn your nocks. You may also have to play with your draw weight or your point weight of your arrow to get the spine correct. This is just some ideas that you can try.

4. archer1983

archer1983 New Member

Send the bow to me. Maybe I can help :cool:

5. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

By looking at your specs, my gut reaction is your arrows are too stiff. Do you have any weaker spined arrows you can try? I don't know alot about pse shafts. Does the 300 indicate 300 spine? If it does, your too stiff.

6. jkcerda

jkcerda the GOON squad POSEE

thanks guys, I will try 200 as well as timing my cams, they are a little bit off