Help

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by goldflinger, Aug 21, 2007.

1. goldflinger

goldflinger Senior Member

We went and picked up my niece's bow this evening. A hoyt vectrix. We get it home and it's set way to heavy for her. It's supposed to be a 40-50 lb. bow, but the barn scale say's 56 lb. I assume that's just maxt out. The real question is.Do you have to loosen a screw on the side of the limb to turn it down? Wetried turning the limb bolt out but found to be extremely tight.Apreciate any help.:frusty: :frusty:

2. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

Not sure but PSE has a set screw on the side like that. Keeps idiots from backing it all the way out. But you do have to loosen it to adjust it.

3. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

yes loose the sides first.

4. outdoorsman

outdoorsman Senior Member

yes i have the vectrix... loosen the side first

5. goldflinger

Got it backed down. Thanks.

6. goldflinger

My Dad got his bow tonight too. A Drenalin. Iwont hold it against him.:biggrin1: :biggrin1: :biggrin1: :biggrin1:

7. outdoorsman

8. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

9. outdoorsman

you would think a pic of an arrow thru a hand could be used as a positve thing... prevent more injurys in our sport.... instead some are so shallow they start off on the defensive trying to protect their name and or products.... i for one dont care what arrow it was .... to me it stated be careful.....for someone to come and post a reply defensively was uncalled for ....:frusty: :frusty:

now to get back on topic... as far as the limb thing ... thats just funny right there i dont care who you are.....:laugh:

1st one i have ever seen split like that from Matthews.... see they are human..... oopps.... i guess i shouldnt say they are like evryone else they may defend that one.....

10. poorshot

poorshot Senior Member

Check for grease

Loosen the side bolts first. The limb bolt might need some lube. On my Vulcan top bolt was very hard to move. Dealer said that it was never greased. A little grease and it is fine.

11. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

12. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

absolutley NOT.......:peace: