Hey Dredly

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by brokenarrow, Jan 21, 2007.

1. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Hey...I was talkin to Bowman today about teaching myself to shoot lefty...He said you could give me some pointers...and that way I'd never have to worry about shoot an Elite....:biggrin1: :laugh:

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

and the pot has been stirred:biggrin1:

3. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Hahaha.... I dislike Elite for a lot of reasons other then that they don't make a Left handed bow. :)

4. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

To think a bow company that will not offer a bow in lefty. That is discriminating Dredly..............take em to court buddy.:biggrin1:

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I think they have spent enough time in court.......

6. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

I have a feeling they will be going back to court again REALLLLY soon :laugh:

7. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

What I found strange was they were not at the ATA show. Now, as a new bow company, how can you afford not to go to the show? It just too important not to be there.

8. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

hahahahahahaha

They were "moving" their office to their new "merger" partner that they will not announce instead of going to the ATA.

Elite is a quickly sinking ship and, to be brutually honest, I don't think they have any of their new line up ready to be tested yet.

9. mdewitt71

mdewitt71 Senior Member

What about the new HCA bows???
    I find em resembling an Elite a lil too much, I even heard that Richard and Kevin had a "meeting" right before HCA was bought......
    I use to be a Newberry shooter and they were nice shooting machines but were quite different than what they are now.

I don't wish anyone at Elite Ill, I will just never be a custormer to them, too many hick-ups in the first years and too much trash talking/ bashing for me to be a part of.

10. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

I dunno... they look different enough to have a common ancestor but they don't appear to be the same bow. I still think that the elite line mirrors the Bowtech line very very closely. they just don't make their own limbs.

We'll see :) I'm looking forward to shooting the Iron Mace, I can't wait to see how it handles

11. mdewitt71

mdewitt71 Senior Member

If it handles anything like the Newberry Iron Mace it wil be one sweet shooter. :rockon:

12. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

throw in the Carbon riser, Barnsdale limbs, winners choice strings and you are talking about one serious hunting bow!

13. mdewitt71

mdewitt71 Senior Member

I am not too crazy about a carbon riser.
    My Carbon 4Runner Exteme was under 2.6 lbs (bare bow) but the carbon riser had issues.... I will stick to alum.

14. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

issues like what? I've never shot a carbon riser

15. mdewitt71

mdewitt71 Senior Member

They shoot great don't get me wrong, what I didn't like was due to it being carbon they had to put inserts into the riser for the rest and stab holes. These inserts would come loose and I did notice some chipping of the carbon on the riser as well. The sight mounting holes looked like shaving from the carbon were coming out too.

It seemed every where metal was connected to the carbon there was an issue.

16. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

hope they've fixed that!

17. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

wait, wait , wait......you guys are talking about Elite maybe being a part of something and fixed in the same sentence......

thats an OXY MORON if I ever heard one.......

18. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Who you callin' a MORON?!?! :biggrin1:

19. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

:biggrin1:
    tampax pearl......(dredly)

20. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

hahah good one.

No we are discussing the HCA Iron Mace. IBO speeds are over 345 and they suggest shooting a very light arrow. According to their website they have gotten over 390FPS with their speed arrows!