hey guys....boy did I just get a scare

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by BUNNYMAN, Jul 25, 2007.

1. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I spent the last 4 hours in the E.R........

I was at work and everything was fine, then all of a sudden.....I loose the vision in my right eye.....this has happened in the past but never have I had a headache and sick to my stomach at the same time......I had my very edge peripheral but the center was completely dark:noidea:

My first thought was migraine but the doctors dont think so.....

and I couldnt remember when the last time it happened until my best man reminded me that it had happened the morning of the wedding when we went fishing....it only lasted for a few minutes that day.....

so anyway the nurse gets a little rushed and sends me for a cat scan.....the doctor wants me to get an MRI, but tells me that my insurance will deny one or the other if they are done on the same day....so now I have to wait till wed, when I can see my primary and have him send me for an MRI...

so now I am pretty worried.....

I just want to know what it is.....so that I can stop thinking about it......

2. thehairlessone!

thehairlessone! Senior Member

bowman,
    that sucks. I hope you get to feeling better and get it figured out.

rick

3. SilentSniper

SilentSniper Senior Member

What makes them think it is not a migraine? I know that a bad headache and nausea together can be of some concern. Maybe after you bumped your head etc. If you have a history of migraines I wouldn't be to concerned. If I got worried everytime that I threw up because of one I would be worried all the time. If you had something really wrong with you they would have seen it on the the CT anyway.

4. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

Ha bud PM me your phone number.

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

yeah but in the past there was no pain or nausa(sp):noidea: :noidea:

6. J.A.G.

J.A.G. Senior Member

Bowman, I hope your ok! Let us know what they find out.. My husband had that happen to him this weekend at a shoot in the hot sun all day.. worries me!

7. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

I hope that everything is OK with your tests. We will say a prayed for you.
    Please let us know how everthing comes out.

8. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

did he have any pain???

and by the way thanks for the prayers but I am not one to ask for much.....

9. J.A.G.

J.A.G. Senior Member

No, no pain..

10. QSA

Did he stop sweating? If so that is the start of heat stroke setting in.

11. QSA

I will tell you one thing.Carrying around some salt tabs is a smart thing in the heat. Heat stroke kills a lot of people every year. It comes on quick and the only warning signs I know for sure is you stop sweating.

12. goldflinger

goldflinger Senior Member

I get migraines if I try to go to long without caffeine. But I never have any vision trouble. Hope everything turns out fine.....

13. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I know about those, I get them when I go 2 or more mornings with out coffee....

14. pink camo

pink camo Senior Member

wow Bowman...that stinks! I hope everything turns out well...I'm sure it will. So do you have your vision back?...or did they send you home until the test Wed?

15. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I have my vision back now...

nope it always last for about 3 hours....then its gone for 6 months or so.....

I had forgoten all about the 15 minute episode on the morning of my wedding.....:noidea:

16. SilentSniper

SilentSniper Senior Member

Bowman,

When I get my migraines it starts with my vision going "out of focus". Kinda seems like I need glasses. This last for 10-15 minutes. Then I get the aura. This will usually start in one eye and travel to the other. In about 30 mins or so I am 90 blind. I cannot drive or anything. Then comes the headache. When the headache starts I get really really sick. I don't vommit all time, but it is only because I do my best not to. Like I said they did a CT. If there is anything there or suspect then they will/should have seen it. An MRI will give them a more detailed image of something they want to look at. I've been in your shoes before. The best thing for you to do is to stay off all the MD websites. I had a blocked salivary gland on my lip and after 2 hours of being on the internet I diagnosed myself with cancer. The question is.....was anything seen on the CT?

17. 'SIN'ERGY

'SIN'ERGY Senior Member

Probably side effects from the Holy Smokes BEAT DOWN:laugh: :laugh:

Seriously, hope you are ok...

18. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

nothing on the ct scan.....I dont even know what the MD websites are......

although when we were trying to figure out Maries problem, her grandmother used something on the internet, and had her hodgkins diagnosed before the doctors did......and she was 100% right:noidea:

19. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

man if only this happened that day.....hehehe.....could have used that....:laugh:

20. xxSPOTTSxx

xxSPOTTSxx "THE REALITY CHECK"

I agree 100% about the MD sights and Ive had the same as you sniper since I was a kid it comes and goes though sometimes a year before I have one that bad had the CT also I wouldnt worry yourself Bowman thats the worse thing you can do all it causes is anxiety just chill and shoot your Bow youll be fine Bro.