Hey WERD -- Saw your deer tonite

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by STRO, Nov 23, 2007.

1. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

I know you just shot a spike but I had one tonight at 10 yards and thought of you. You would of liked this one, I bet each spike was 8-10 inches long. This is the sixth or seventh different year and a half buck I have seen on this property and not a single doe or shooter buck. I am getting very frustrated with this property. A month before season started I got pics of at least a 170 class buck and two more that would score above 120 and all I have seen are year and a half bucks and one button buck. I don't get it. I have only hunted it 5 or 6 times and spread the hunts out at least two weeks apart, as to not pressure it and keep everything fresh.

2. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

could somebody be slippin in there
    just think what yore gonna have in tha next yr or so

3. Werd

Werd Senior Member

yup. Got my spikey, watch this...I'm going to see alot of spikes now since I got one:laugh:

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

2 weeks apart........i would cut that down to 3-4 days and keep extra clean and quite, and get in there......

5. STRO

I think that is part of the problem. The property I hunt is only about 8 acres of timber but is surrounded by more timber and corn fields. The land to the south and west are leased out to hunt and I don't know how careful they are about hunting it. I've heard them banging around on tree stands in late October when it is prime time to be hunting. The land to the east is not hunted at all. Just tonite I found a dead doe carcass on the property I hunt that I am assuming was shot and not found by the people who lease the neighboring property. Very frustrating to get such good pics and then not see anything during season. A friend of mine hunts the same strip of timber about two miles to the east and he has seen at least 4 maybe 5 different bucks that would score at least 130 in the last two weeks. So the location and land is good and there are a lot of shooter bucks around.

6. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

I seen a nice 6 pointer today. Even with all the guns going off deer are running everywhere. I figured they would start holing up a little even with the rut.:noidea:

7. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Have ya tried mock scrapes are tha others using bait ta keep tha does on there property ie tha bucks to
    are ya seeing many does

8. STRO

I kicked up two does on the neighbors property on my way in to the woods tonite and those are the first does I have seen there this year. Baiting is illegal in Illinois now even when it's not deer season. Another thing, in the years past there has always been rubs everywhere, this year I have not seen any, but I have seen a few small scrapes.

9. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

I would say somebody is cutting those deer off before they get to you. If the surrounding timber is being hunted hard the deer are changing there routes....

10. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I have not seen a single rub this year.........

11. Werd

Werd Senior Member

:faint: i cant count on my toes and fingers how many rubs ive seen this year...? thats because you got them NY deer. They hear all them gunshots and hide:laugh:

12. STRO

I am going to hunt this property again tomorrow morning. I think I will put my camera back up. Try and find it if and what deer are moving through there and what time of day. I am also going to walk the property and just see if maybe I am doing something wrong as far as stand placemet. It is only about 8 acres but 3/4 of it is very thick.