Hi-speed Video super tuning, would you?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Chris, Dec 28, 2007.

1. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

If you could send your bow in to be tuned on a hi-speed video system, would you?

If yes, how much would you be willing to pay for this service?

What I am talking about is taking your bow, recording how your bow is setup when you send it in to us. We take the bow, tune it properly, install new strings & cables if you want. Then we take your now tuned bow and re-shoot the video showing nock travel, string oscilation, etc.

What are your thoughts?

2. bfisher

bfisher Senior Member

I wouldn't do it because I know most of the procedures for doing it myself and enjoy the satisfaction of knowing that I did do it. Besides, having a bow tuned on a machine in no way correlates to how a bow is held by the end shooter.

Besides, I'm cheap.

3. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

I'm sure a lot of people would. "Super Tuning" is definitely a new wave of the future. Crackers (on AT) has something like a 6 month backlog of bows waiting to be super tuned. IF you offer the service and the result is great you'll have people doing it.

as for cost... without new strings/cables i would say 40.00 - 50.00 tops. With custom built cables 100.00 sounds about right. maybe 110 w/ you covering return shipping.

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I am going to have to go ahead and agree on this......

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

if it wasnt for the ineptness of local BOW PRO'S.......these services would be useless......:tape:

6. Gator eye

Gator eye Guest

3 or 4 years ago when I knew everything about shooting a bow I would of said yes, I would pay to have it done.
    Now that I figured out I don't know spit about shooting a bow I probably wouldn't cause I enjoy working on it myself.
    Getting there is half the fun.

7. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Local shop in Milan (IL) does it for $40.
    I don't personally know anybody who has paid for that but I'm sure people have since they've been offering the service for a few years now.

Ron

8. HYTMANN

HYTMANN Senior Member

Super Tuning

I am in complete agreement with BFISHER and BUNNYMAN, for super tuning to be effective for the archer, their form and grip must be used, a machine cannot duplicate this. However there may be a market for "mechanical supertuning" among the archers that don't know how to, or are unwilling to, do it for themselves. IMHO it is just a gimmick, but there seem to be many who believe in the principle of it. I have no idea what someone would pay for that kind of service, I would imagine $50.00 would probably be the top end, but I think in the end it would depend on the budget of the targeted market area chosen. :rockon:

9. longcut36

longcut36 Senior Member

10. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

you can do all the supertuning in the world, but it aint gonna make me no better archer than I allready am........same goes for every person out there.....

unless the equipment was grossly out of tune to begin with......:noidea:

11. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

I most likely would because of all the bows I have and no time.

12. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

My thoughts are this.... If my local shop had one of these slow motion cameras I might try it? But to box my bow up and send it somewhere else I don't think I would be willing to do it...:noidea:

13. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

I had 2 different local Bowtech pro-shops work on my old glory and "tune" it. I thought the bow was shooting great but I figured I could use a new string and cable and since I was getting it done what the heck.

I sent it to crackers (from AT) and when I got it back it was like an entirely different bow. The draw was much smoother, it was faster, it felt more solid and it shot better all around.

Most shops don't have the time or expertise to do all this correctly. For the talented few that can they are worth their weight in gold. Crackers is one of them who really brought supertuning to light, now he has a 4 - 6 month backlog (wow!) and it is worth every dollar spent, especially for someone that doesn't have the equipement to work on their own and tinker with it.

14. J.C.

J.C. New Member

Don't those hi-speed cameras cost about $30,000? How much would you have to charge to justify buying one?

for the record, I wouldn't send my bow to anybody to tune, regardless of the service they offerred.

15. TOOL

TOOL Junior Member

Super tuning is great. It is worth quite a bit IMO. I say that as I've seen it done (all the work, trial and error, expertise, knowledge that goes into it), along with the results. For people that don't know anything, are green to the sport, or just do not have the resources to do anything themselves, its great and well worth at least $60-100.

As for the High speed video. I wouldn't pay anymore for that or even care. If I were to pay someone to work on my bow, it's because I trust them to obtain results. I don't need proof. Generally speaking, testimony of cliental from Crackers seem to indicate that there is quite a noticeable difference in feel of various different aspects of the bows performance.

Oh yeah and hi everyone, I thought I'd hang out here for a while.:wave:

16. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Nope.............I like the way my bow shoots just fine. Its the shooter that needs help. You got any classes for me??????