hi

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by SlangByT, Jul 12, 2006.

1. SlangByT

SlangByT Junior Member

hey guys. nice site, i live in sunny south africa (not all the time!) and stumbled across this site. it seems pretty cool.

a friend of mine and myself are going warthog hunting this weekend on a beautiful game farm just out of town. he went last year, and had fun, so hopefully the weather holds for us.

cheers, have a good day, Byron.

2. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Wow you have the worlds greatest hunting spot where you live. I would love to hunt there. We had a couple guys go down and hunt last year and they said it was incredible.

Welcome to the forum.

3. 12ring4me

12ring4me Member

Welcome to our forum, hope to see you here alot. I hear there is alot of great hunting in South Africa. It would be nice if you could share some of your pictures from your hunts. Anyway, just wanted to say hello:welcome: and dont be afraid to drop us a line or 2 on your outtings. Good luck and good hunting.

4. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Welcome

:welcome: to the forum!!!! I would love do some hunting in Africa but, would not trade my whitetail hunting in Indiana for all of Africa. I just love it. And yes please post some pics of your hunts. Hope you enjoy yourself here. :peace:

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Welcome and like the others said pics, pics, pics, not just the animals but everything, the land, the trees, the vehicles, pictures are worth a thousand words.

6. SlangByT

SlangByT Junior Member

hi guys, thanks for the welcome. i love africa, have never been out of it - hopefully next year...

i have got a few dvds of your whitetail hunting, and that looks quite awesome, very different to here. we dont really use decoys or call our animals in... would be nice to try though i guess.

here are some photos from an outing into the bush, though just for photography:

[​IMG]

7. SlangByT

SlangByT Junior Member

[​IMG]

what do you guys think? i hope you enjoyed them.

where can i see photos of your stuff?

cheers, Byron.

ps, what would choose if given the choice between second hand bows - merlin vision, merlin max 2000, hoyt striker II?

8. MoBowman

MoBowman Senior Member

Great pictures:rockon: Stick around the hunting seasons will start here in a couple of months and I'am sure there will be plenty of photos coming. Also :welcome: to the site.

MoBowman ```--------->

9. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

DUDE!!!!!!! Those pics are so cool. I need some names to go with some of those critters Lets see I remember the warthog,ostrich,lion,elephant, and my favorite to someday hunt the cape buffalo. So you just went out in one day and seen all those animals. Way cool:rockon: So I wonder is 70# of KE enough to hunt in Africa????? Like for CAPE BUFFALO.:peace:

10. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Did you ever wonder how far your arrow would penetrate an elephant????

Holy cow those are great pics!!!!!

That was just one day?????

You have just become my hero!!!!!!

11. SlangByT

SlangByT Junior Member

there is a kudu bull, a black backed jackal and a couple of red haartebeeste...

70# should be plenty. there are guys that shoot them with traditional bows. i have seen a carcass from a lion kill, and their ribs are actually extended so that they touch each other all the way around!!! i guess its just all about shot placement...

check this old guy out... he was on the road on the same day.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

solid hey!

12. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

i always wondered if people that normally hunt in africa dream of coming to the US to hunt Whitetail... guess so :)