High Country Bows

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Buckwheat, Jan 29, 2007.

1. Buckwheat

Buckwheat Member

Ok; since you guys answered my last question so well I'll try another. I'm currently shooting a High Country Safari that my wife bought for me some 14 or 15 years ago. I love this bow but recently have been yerning for a new outfit. Should I stick with what I've got or look for something new?

2. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Get something new! New is always better hehe.

3. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

If you have the funds for a new bow then I'd suggest you go out and shoot several different bows and see if they are to your liking. I shot the same bow for about 10 years and loved it very much but when I shot the SB XT I could not believe how much bows had changed over the years. I shot Mathews,Bowtech,Hoyt,PSE,Parker,Martin before choosing the XT. You will love the technology changes of the new bows. Good Luck and do not take others word for it shoot all possible bows only you know what is right for you.:peace:

4. terryracing86

terryracing86 Junior Member

bow

if your looking for something "newer" and dont want to spend alot, i have a 05 Storm F-28, RH, 50-70 pounds, 80 % letoff, camo, solo cam, has d loop, peep and sims limbsavers on it, no scratches $250 TYD OBO heres a pic

[​IMG]

5. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Get something up to date...Archery has come a long way in the last 15 years...:biggrin1:
    I think you'll really like shooting some new gear...So go out and testdrive a few different makes and models....

6. bullspotter

bullspotter Senior Member

Im with the rest here..... go try out some new ones, most good places will let ya shoot a few, i think you will like the (newer) bows, theirs lots of them to choose from!!! Good luck and keep us up to date.

7. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

50 - 70 pound limbs? thats kind of unusual...

8. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

maybe this storm has 50-70 mph limbs....

9. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Don't let Dreadly fool ya for he is a big boy. hey with the new ligther arrows today you don't have ta shoot the heavy # any mo. Archery sho has improve by leaps and bound since dat good old HC were king. If you got the $$$ to spare you might try something new. If Not just enjoy shootin what ya got. I would say that many a deer has fell prey to a couple of sticks and a small stone. Oh buy da way dem not suppose to hurt.:laugh: :doh: HS

10. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

does that mean I can sit at the big kids table now uncle HS? ;)

50 - 70 pound limbs are still pretty unusual but its a great idea!

My dad was in the same boat a few years ago, he was shooting an OLD white tail pro hunter. he upgraded and hasn't picked up the pro-hunter since then. My uncle did the same thing.

There is just no comparison between the older bows and the bows of today.

11. Holy Smokes

Dreadly as big as yo is ya can sit at any table you want to! In some circles it would be Father HS:pound: :pound:

12. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

now he will add some think he is god to his signature....:doh:

13. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

your my daddy?

14. Holy Smokes

:pound: :pound: :pound: :pound:

15. Buckwheat

Buckwheat Member

Thanks guys for the input. $$$ is the major problem right now; to close after Christmas. I have shot a Mathews Switch back and a Bowtech last year at a local outdoors show. I liked the mathews but it kept slapping my forearm the Bowtech really shot better for me. The draw length was to long on both but the later fit me better. Lately I've been looking at Parker but I don't know alot about them.