High Country Bows

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Buckwheat, Jul 21, 2007.

1. Buckwheat

Buckwheat Member

I'm looking to replsce my current bow; which is a High Country Safari; with a new High Country "Iron Mace". Anybody have any advice or comments?:noidea:

2. Dens228

Dens228 Senior Member

I currently have an Iron Mace. I've had it for a few months.
    It is a sweet shooter and very fast. IMHO it's speed is equally matched by it's very unforgiving valley. The slightest, and I do mean slightest, creep and it's going. That's starting to cause head games in my shooting.

As it gets closer to hunting season the short valley has me a little worried.

Hence my response in another thread about my inability to stop buying bows.

3. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

Nothing bad here. I have never shot one. But all the posts I have read were great.

4. mdewitt71

mdewitt71 Senior Member

I think they are very sweet looking and built bows, Richard did well this year....
    But, yes "no valley" in the cam draw curve is a lil hard on the shoulders.
    That is why I am a fan of the Bowtechs with smooth mods.
    I recently bought the Elite Synergy that I have now and the EZ mods are very similiar to the Bowtechs and the bow shoot great.
    I hope HCA comes out with a smoother version of the current cam, I would probibly own one.

5. Dens228

Dens228 Senior Member

I hear you. I bought about 5 Bowtechs in a row and have since gone astray.
    Tomorrow I'm thinking of going to a nearby dealer and seeing if they have any 07 Tributes in stock.

6. BOWJOE

BOWJOE Guest

Iron Mace

I've had mine for about 2 months & it is the best shooting bow I've ever owned. Smooth, quiet, fast, & very accurate. The draw is a little harsh but not bad. The let off is adjustable & I have had no problem with the valley. My let off is set at 80%. Shoot 1 & see if you like it, take your checkbook just in case. Joe

7. Buckwheat

Buckwheat Member

Anybody know the price on the Iron Mace? I've been looking on High Country's web site but can't find an MSRP.

8. Dens228

Dens228 Senior Member

To you find the cam chart to be right?

I have the mod set for 27 inches but the draw stop set for 27.5-28"

9. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

I have'nt shot a HC since the Z-Force back 10 years ago. But I have heard alot of good things about the Iron Mace. Good luck.:peace:

10. J.C.

J.C. New Member

Call them up and tell them you want to be a "joe". They might sell you one direct at a discount. :peace:

11. BOWJOE

BOWJOE Guest

Dens, I don't have a chart but mine is set at 28" draw & the draw stop is set on " C ". Joe

12. BOWJOE

BOWJOE Guest

My pro shop sells them for $699. Joe

13. HCA STILETTO 380

HCA STILETTO 380 Junior Member

my boy shop sells them for $599.

14. SA hunter

SA hunter Junior Member

I love my Iron mace it is fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!:rockon:
    Animals have fallen to its speed,its so quiet (ok i am running double sts) and so so smooth. I really rate the I.M highly, shoot one for your self and see.:decision: