High Hopes

Discussion in 'Beginners Archery Range' started by Basketcase, Jul 29, 2007.

1. Basketcase

Basketcase Junior Member

I haven't shot in a long time. My need to shoot again grows daily. The dream of the Olympics works its way into my thoughts everyday. Long road, yes, I know. I bought a left handed (because I'm a left handed shooter) Hoyt, Mystic 6 years back and I need to outfit it to Olympic rules so I can get used to the feel of my machine. I'm thinking of a Quicktune 360 rest. New to the field so I understand. Any thoughts? And I love crosshair sights but what would be best for my ambistion? Thanks all!

2. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Welcome to the forum...glad to have you...

I don't know much about feild archery, but I'm sure someone on here can help you with your setup...

good luck...

3. J.C.

J.C. New Member

I would think you would want a plunger type rest since you'll be shooting fingers. log on to Lancaster Archery Supply and request a catalog. They've got tons of that FITA stuff. Good luck. :peace:

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

hoyt MYSTIC?.....isnt that their entry level compound right before they went to all TEC risers? if so to compete at an olympic level you may need some better equipment.....JMO:noidea:

5. Basketcase

Basketcase Junior Member

Don't Know

Well I did buy the bow some years back and I'm not sure as to what would best fit me. What is a TES riser? I wont be shooting fingers, it waves the arrow way to much. I'll be using mec. release. Pls enlighten. And thanks for such quick replies!

6. Basketcase

Basketcase Junior Member

Thanks for the reply. I'll be shooting with a mec. release. I've seen what a finger release does to the arrow. Waves way to much. Thanks for the supply info!

7. Basketcase

Basketcase Junior Member

Thanks

Thanks for the welcome. I wasn't sure if I would get any respones to my question. Thought I would look dumb with my aim way to high for a beginner.

8. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

No way...you have to have high goals...you just have to acheive them in managable steps...and PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE...
    The key is don't be discouraged at small setbacks...rome wasn't built in a day...if you get aggravated, step away for awhile...shooting mad just makes it worse...

so anytime you need help, or just need to vent steam alittle...we're here to help, or slap you back to reality...

happy shooting and again good luck...now go outside and practice...:usa:

9. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

hi there!

And welcome to the forum!:wave:
    I think what the earlier statement was,that olympic class or nfaa/naa
    are finger shooters only!:usa: