How do you like to eat deer meat?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by philg, Aug 7, 2007.

1. philg

philg Member

I was wondering how ya'll like your deer meat fixed up. I would like to hear some of your recipes.:usa:

2. philg

philg Member

The common fried steaks and deer chilli are among my favorites.

3. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

KBO's DEER ROLLUPS!!!!!!!!!

4. Cameron

Cameron Senior Member

Marinade in Italian dressing, then place on super hot grill.:biggrin1:

5. Sniper

Sniper Senior Member

I tear open the abdomen, thrust my head deep within, and gorge on the steaming entrails. MMMMMmmmm.

6. gmherps

gmherps Senior Member

I soak all my back straps and tenderloins in italian dressing overnight.

7. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

Deer tips!

There's a recipe i just brought back to the top with pic's of how i grillem!:hungry:

8. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

I like the usual stuff, Burgers , chili, and steaks. I also like to eat the heart and liver.

The first thing I eat is the tenderloin. I pull them out as soon as I get the deer hung up, and throw them on a hot grill. Me and some buddys cut up the deer and eat straps and loins while cuttin up our deer.

I also turn more than half of my deer into jerky.

9. j3dGuam

j3dGuam Senior Member

Sirfry heart and kidneys
    shish-ka-bob the backstraps
    stew the neckbones and ribs
    steak the hams

10. west texas heat

west texas heat Junior Member

cut into strips, wrap around a jalapeno, then wrap that with bacon and put them in foil on the pit and let cook......

11. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Man tha is sick:puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

12. Sniper

Sniper Senior Member

Why must I chase the Cat?
    Why must I be like that?
    Must be the Dog in me!

Woof! Woof!

13. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

well to start I like to make jerky and summer sausage out of them. Back straps fried w/ some bacon grease and onions and coveredw/ a little flour. grind some into burger for chili and strogenough. Also, I like to filet a steak down the middle. But not all the way through. stuff it with onions, green peppers and fresh mush rooms and some monterey jack cheese. marinate the steaks in some worshteshire sauce. and grill till the meat is just a little pink in the middle. also, like to make kabab's with small pieces w/ vegee's and soaked in tereyaki sauce.

14. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Tenderloins get grilled

the rest of the deer gets thrown on a spit and cooked over a fire for a few hours!

Other then that, I pretty much replace ground beef w/ venison in everything, tacos, spaghetti sauce, burgers,... etc

15. VE6WTF

VE6WTF Senior Member

Up here in canada, we just keep the deer hung skinned in the garage.. and rip a peice of flesh off when we are hungry.

16. vawildfire

vawildfire Junior Member

Inject a roast with Cajun Injector Creole butter, put southwest rub on the outside and throw on the rotisserie. :peace: Garaunteed favorite

17. cjsportsman

cjsportsman Junior Member

Try this marinade:
    2 teaspoons of Montreal steak seasoning
    3 teaspoons of soy sauce
    1/8-1/4 cup of olive oil

Mix ingredients together and pour on steaks, straps, ect. Refridgerate for 30 minutes then throw them on the grill. Watch out for the flames from the olive oil. I have turned on so many people to venison with that recipe, even the ones that tried venison before and said they would never eat it again because of the gamey taste....By the way, the smell that comes from the grill while they are cooking is incredible!

That's enough marinade for 2 steaks..

18. poorman

poorman And thats no lie !

Tenderloin and Steaks onthe grill. The rest gets turned into burger.

19. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Tenderloins grilled for sure...

Another good thing is to put a nice deer roast, maybe 1-1/2 to 2 pounds, in a crock pot and add McCormick Au-Jus mix/water, black pepper, Italian seasoning and Gardeniera pepper mix and let it cook on low for hours. Slice it or shred it and put on French/Italian bread. Top with a slice or two of provolone cheese...

Excellent Italian style meat for sandwiches.

Ron

20. tedicast

tedicast Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thin sliced backstrap, in sauted onions, peppers and mushrooms!!!! YUMMY!!!!