how early.....

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by BUNNYMAN, Oct 12, 2006.

1. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

how early do you go to your stand on opening day.....Or any other day for that matter......i like to get to the stand about an hour before light....it lets the woods calm down.....any one else a nut like me????

2. Jay Are

Jay Are Junior Member

I like to get up in the stand at least 1 hour before light, but usually get up and ready about 45 minutes before light.

3. jimposten

jimposten Senior Member

I like to be out no later than an hour befor sunrise. I dont like to get up in the morning so its pretty tough to get there. Most of the season when the alarm goes off, I just shut it off and convince myself that the deer arent moving that morning for whatever reason.

Now in the after noons I will get out super earlly like 12 noon sometimes and I will sit it out up to an hour after sunset.

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I have the same alarm clock issues and can not seem to get it together after the first couple of mornings.......

5. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Normally 1/2 an hour before light here...

6. piethon

piethon Member

I am in the stand and ready 1/2 hour before good shooting light.

7. JVA54

JVA54 Member

A 1/2 hour before light for me.

8. killbambidead

killbambidead bambi killer

i try to get to my stand when i get there not to concerned bout bein on time biggest deer ive seen was killed by my uncle at 10:20 and he got to his stand at 10

9. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

No later then 1 hour before sunrise. Same reason, to settle in and let the woods settle down

10. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

yeah must be are deer are more skiddish.......

11. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Legal shooting is 1/2 hour before sunrise to 1/2 hour after sunset. So I try to get into stand 1 hour before sunrise here gives me about 1/2 hour to get good and settled in. My problem is not getting up early it is staying in the stand when I know there is a nice hot cup of coffee at home. :biggrin1:

12. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

I hear that! It's hard leaving that cup o' joe behind aint it?

13. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

If i had coffee in the morning I would not be able to sit in the stand....

14. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

That's gotta be the worst!

15. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

yeah coffee goes right thru me.......

16. UPSTATE

UPSTATE Member

I like to walk in quietly in pink light with no flashlight, too much snap crackle and crunch in the dark for me.

17. longcut36

longcut36 Senior Member

i don't think it matters some times. i killed a deer out of my stand at 1:35 once.i was 2 hours late and thought about waiting until the afternoon. i try to be in stand at lest a hour early. I've had deer come by when it was still to dark to shoot,and I've had them come by at 10-11 o clock. if I'm hunting in woods i like to get in early. edge of fields in afternoon i get in stand about 2 hours before dark.

18. Les Carter

Les Carter Junior Member

I may be even nuttier than you. I go sometimes two hours before light, depending on how early I figure the deer will be in that area. Generally, though, I've found that at tleast an hour before light is best for me. Whereever I go in the daylight hours, though, I try to get in at least two hours before the deer get there. Rarely, and for reasons not understood by me, it doesn't seem to matter. I've gotten to an area several times later than I intended only to have deer appear within 5 minutes!

Last edited: Nov 9, 2006
  19. papito

papito Petering it since 06

I like to get in before it gets light out normally a hour before sunrise. But theres the exception when my hunting partner cant get his but up and i sit and wait!!!

20. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

waiting for your hunting partner.....i would just get another hunting partner or go w/out them......