How Far Would You Travel????

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by ilbowhunter, Sep 7, 2007.

1. All Huntable Animals

71.4%
  2. All Dinos

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Make Up Your Own (give some ideas)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Mix and Match

28.6%
  5. Area Specific

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ilbowhunter

ilbowhunter 2008 BEAR LIGHTS OUT

:noidea: How far would you be willing to travel for the chance to shoot at a POP UP 3-D course? Would yopu travel at least 75 miles, or is that too far. Also how much would you pay for the privilge? Just a question I'm tossing around. There is not one anywhere close to me.:help: :decision:

2. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Bowman and myself travel 100 miles just for regular old 3d's so yeah I don't think that would be out of the question...:biggrin1:

3. Cameron

Cameron Senior Member

I would rather the tour just come to my home club!!!!!

4. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

right on. They did have one this year in michigan.. Not that far for ya..

5. Timmer

Timmer Member

Maybe 50 miles or so. I travel about an hour to regular 3D shoots. Don't know if having "pop-up" targets would change that though. Cool Idea and I'd like to try it sometime.

6. Jay Are

Jay Are Junior Member

Depending how far I would go depends alot on who I will be shooting with... Will I travel 75 miles to shoot 8-12 target pop-up course. I am not sure... but will I travel 75 miles to shoot 3D, Yes and I have done it.

7. ilbowhunter

ilbowhunter 2008 BEAR LIGHTS OUT

How far would you travel?????????????

Okay, I'm getting the idea that I needed to add more info than I first posted. I should have put in the original post that this would be a 30 target pop up with 3 of the targets also moving. This would be indoors for climate controlled conditions, also from 5 yard out to 70 or 80 yard shot from a platform like treestand. Would this sweeten the deal for anybody???? What would a fair price be for all this????:noidea: :noidea: :noidea:

8. Jay Are

Jay Are Junior Member

Better! I would do that, I would be willing to pay $10-$25 to shoot. Once you hit that $20 mark, than it starts getting steep.

Would this be in IL?

9. Jay Are

Jay Are Junior Member

But remember, it is always easy to get someone in the for the first time. It is much harder to get them to return a second or third time.

10. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

At today's gas prices probbaly not far. Maybe 50 miles at the most.
    I'd then, considering how far the drive was, likely not wat to pay more than $15 to do the shoot, assuming 30-40 targets.

Ron

11. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

I have never done the pop ups, but I traveled about 2 hours for a couple of the 3D's this last summer.

12. VA Vince

VA Vince Junior Member

Never shot 3d, But I do travel a few hundred miles to shoot indoor. Started shooting paper 3 years ago, and the LAS tourney was my first biggie. I will go back every year, great learning experiance. I will try 3D next year.

13. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

Along ways!

Well I traveled to the R-100, 5 1/2 hour drive and no pop-ups!:noidea:
    But it was well worth the trip.:D
    It all depends on you and If its worth your time.
    The $10 or $20 or what ever the price it dosnt matter to me if im intrested!

14. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

To go by myself I would travel 50 miles. To go with the right bunch of guys I dont care how far. The price doesn't matter to me so much.

15. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

YUP what he said!!!!!

16. upnorth

upnorth Junior Member

its not how far will they travel but how often will they come back. with my range i draw pretty consistent in a 40 mile radius(league shooters). but i also have a group that shoots here at least 10 times a year that come from 200 miles to shoot they have vacation homes here.

17. Cameron

Cameron Senior Member

I would drive to shoot this! If there was one close to me in Mich, I must have not seen anything about it.:Cry:

I can not offer indoor shoots, but I can offer a place to host one!!!!! Just need someone to contact me!

18. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

I have went 100 miles to a pop up.

19. hunter1965

hunter1965 Junior Member

how far to travel.

if i could find a 3-d pop up in my area it would be very nice. the place i live in does not even have an archery shop within 50 miles. i would like to see one go in close some day, but it will probably never happen.