How long to learn BT ???

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by timbowny, Jul 12, 2008.

1. timbowny

timbowny New Member

I just wanted to ask how long it takes most people to become good with a BT release. For the people who went from a strap to BT how long before you became better with the BT than with a strap?

2. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

It took me a week just to get the feel of it all. But I still have issues that come up now and then. I have since moved on to thumb releases. Works better for me(for now). Just make a training aid and sit in the living room and practice.:peace:

3. Mathews Man

Mathews Man Foam Killer

I think that bare butt shooting is some of the best training. What you do is take the target off the back stop and stand 6 to 10 feet away and just pratice the release over and over, the after this feels good to you, put a paper plate on the bale and at 10 feet just focous on hitting the plate, slowly move back to 10, 15, 20 yrds just on hitting the plate. once you can do this out to 20 yrds. Then try the normal targets but go back to 10 then 15 then 20 once you do this you should be ready to go. Dont rush this it may take a few weeks but it will pay off.

4. watt spurlock

watt spurlock New Member

This is pretty much how my first coach showed me to start, except for the first couple of hours he had me practice blind folded. It did seem to help me focus more on the back tension.:wave:

5. Mathews Man

Mathews Man Foam Killer

1 thing I should add thake your site off the bow to begin, and put it back on for the paper plate part.

6. timbowny

timbowny New Member

Well, I have been working on it for a few days now and i seem to be getting it pretty quickly. I hope i keep getting better. I am not as good as i am with the strap, but i wouldn't expect to be in the first few weeks. The advice is good. Sometimes little pointers can really help. I ended up going with the Evo+. Joe from Northern Dutchess Archery says that's the way to go. Around here in NY that's what everyone (except NERDHICK:laugh:) seems to like. I guess time will tell. Thanks for the advice everyone.
    P.S. sorry nerdy i haven't taken a shot at you in a while and didn't want you to think i forgot about ya....:hug: