How many celebritys do you know that shoot archery

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Daniel Boone, Feb 1, 2008.

1. Daniel Boone

Daniel Boone Senior Member

I recently found out Barry Bonds is a serious archer. Harvested a good deer and hog on trip to Brads lease in Texas. My cousins son ( Brad Penny) who pitchs for the Dodgers is a big time hunter and now archer. Several of the baseball guys hunt.

I believe its good for archery to show how may of these guys shoot archery.

I remember the first time Brad told me his bow wouldnt fit him. Now this bow was free from one of the larger retailers. He a serious 31 inch draw. They fitted him with a 33" axle bow. Needless to say we drove and got him a 40" Conquest3 and he started loving archery that year.

2. thehairlessone!

thehairlessone! Senior Member

Dang! Thats a heck of a draw length! 33 inches?

I know that randy couture and tim sylvia (UFC fighters) are bowhunters and Brett Favre is too.

rick

3. BOWTECHER

BOWTECHER Member

What poundage does Bonds shoot? a 150lb draw??? It is good for big names but we can do without that juicer!!

4. Ohioarcher

Ohioarcher VaporTrail Staff Shooter

I was at a shoot around Columbus and shot with the guys from Rascal Flats. All three are at least 3D shooters.

5. Daniel Boone

Daniel Boone Senior Member

You know what

He a good guy from what everyone tells me thats met Barry. Never met the guy but certianly would like to meet him sometime. I would share a campsite with him anyday. Were talking about archery here. My understanding some of the guys from Brooks and Dunn are hunters.
    DB

6. BOWTECHER

BOWTECHER Member

You must not be much of a baseball guy. Do some reading about the guy, most of his team mates hate him, he cheats on his wife( and all of his "mistresses" have said he has physically abused them), he cheated in his sport, lied to a Federal Grand Jury, and the list goes on. Sounds like a GREAT guy to me!!!

7. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

I think he is a 31"DL and the first bow the shop set him up with was 33" axle to axle.:noidea:

8. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

There are a bunch of country singers.

Craig Morgan, Miranda Lambert and Blake Shelton to name a few.

9. Gator eye

Gator eye Guest

I would rather meet him and form my own opinion than to trust the media judgment.
    Competition turns some people into jerks,......but they're great people when they're not playing sports.

10. BOWTECHER

BOWTECHER Member

So a Federal Grand Jury is media judgement???

11. Sweetness!

Walter Payton was a big bowhunter. BTW, I have met Barry Bonds in person, and he really is kind of a jerk.

12. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

I am a baseball guy and I don't know all this stuff to be true, you can't believe everything you read on the internet! I would like to meet him as well and form my own opinion. I think he is by far the greatest hitter of our times and he gets a +1 for being a bowhunter as well.

13. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

He is still innocent until proven guilty...we shall see :peace:

14. thehairlessone!

thehairlessone! Senior Member

I met George Brett from the royals once when I was a kid and I thought he was a jerk. I was like 12.

rick

15. Gator eye

Gator eye Guest

Hummm............a bunch of politicians passing moral judgment on somebody.............Yeah...that seems fair.:cool:

16. HCAman

HCAman New Member

Wow, Me being a bears fan and Walter being my hero, I should have known this.

17. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

i know for a fact that my cousin is an archery hunter... does that count? :rockon: He shoots Mathews too... shoots are rifle worse then Me :laugh:

There are a LOT of sportsmen in baseball, I know a lot of the guys on the Baltimore Orioles basically play ball to support their hunting and fishing habits :)

18. beenfarr

beenfarr Senior Member

19. Kurt Russell also bowhunts. I don't know how to add links her but if you do a google search Walter Payton Bowhunting alot of articles come up, pretty interesting if your as big a fan of both like me.

20. two_shoes

two_shoes YOU! Get in my belly!

I met Kurt Russell when I lived and worked in Aspen, nice guy and very down to earth.