How many misses

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by Holy Smokes, Dec 18, 2007.

1. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Ok
    this one post promted me to this
    How many misses on game this year so far
    2 turkeys
    2 deers

2. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

O for me 4 shots 3 deer and a turkey...:rockon: :rockon:

3. thehairlessone!

thehairlessone! Senior Member

I havent missed very many animals in the last 5 yrs. or so but I missed two deer this year. I was pretty disappointed. I know I hit a limb one of them and I am pretty sure I hit one the other time too.

Cant let it bother you.

rick

4. timberghost

timberghost Senior Member

no misses this year

1 shot 1 buck

2 misses last year at the same buck:noidea:

5. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

No misses 3 shots for 1 deer and 2 turkey. I did lose 3 arrows on groundhogs. 2 misses and one of them took my arrow down the hole with him.

6. CSS Shooter

CSS Shooter Senior Member

I had 2 misses this year. I hadn't missed a deer in 10 years until this year. 6 shots 4 deer. And 1 shot on a yote and got him. The 2 misses was I think due to a luminock. 1 that was last years model and I had 2 new ones the luminock that was older that arrow flew 5 yards hotter than the other 2 arrows I had in my quiver. The arrows all weighed the same a 383 grains so I don't know what was going on with it. I got rid of all the lumionocks and went back to GT's. Problem solved. I have one either sex tag left but I don't know if I will even go out anymore or not. We have indoor coming up soon and the Florida ASA Pro/Am is coming quickly. I might make it out this weekend for the last time so I might have another miss who knows.

7. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I missed a good sized doe high by quite a bit. I'm not sure what I was shooting at but it was not the animal, that's for sure.
    I also had a miss when my arrow deflected off a small branch/twig that I thought I would easily clear... Dohhhh !!! I had to change blades on both broadheads but the arrows and ferrules both survived unscathed...

Ron

8. MoSkeeter0311

MoSkeeter0311 New Member

Wasn't able to get out this year. but I think we need to ask Chris to save a whole section under this topic for WERD. (Just kidding with ya' Werd)

9. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

No misses for me this year. I haven't got a chance to pull the trigger. I didn't go out Sunday but got a call from the Landowner. He says, there were 14 deer in the food plot. :mad:

Then he says 42 turkeys came through earlier in the day.:Cry:

10. Slice

Slice The Fobinator

1 BIG miss

I only deer hunted this year. I had three shots during archery season.

Miss (140 - 150 class) 9 point in Southern Ohio :doh: :Cry:
    Got a Doe in Michigan
    Got a Spike in Michigan

11. ridgewalker243

ridgewalker243 Member

Not so good

I missed 3 times in one stand in 2 hours. I dont know what I was doing wrong but I sucked out big time. I also missed a nice bear. I had just a little bear fever on that one.

12. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

3 for 3 with the bow. 1 for 2 with the gun. I had a doe at 12 yards and put the scope right on her chest. I was picking out which hair, shot and she ran away just fine. Could not figure out how in the heck I missed. Turns out there was a branch about 4 inches in diameter about 3 inches from the end of the gun that I could not see through the scope. I blew the heck out of that branch. Clean miss on the deer, lucky for me. I am still totally dumbfounded by that miss, just glad it was a cleam miss on the deer, could have turned out not so good.

13. jkg3117

jkg3117 Member

one miss

i shot at a doe and missed. 33 yards, but she was down a steep drop.(my tree was at the top of a bowl.) shot right over her.... what ya gonna do?

:Cry:

Jim

14. Cablegaurd21

Cablegaurd21 Senior Member

Never got a shot a a deer with a bow this year:mad: .

1 miss-turkey (bow):Cry:

1 hit-doe(shotgun):biggrin1:

15. Leebo

Leebo Junior Member

Two misses this year. One came back and checked out my arrow. Had my yardage figured out then.:laugh: Next shot straight through the boiler house.:peace:

16. pilot

pilot Senior Member

Missed 2 does early in the year...:doh:

17. Shaman

Shaman Senior Member

1 Miss fall turkey. Stalking is a lot harder than hunting out of blind. ;)
    Used up all tags with no other misses.

18. goldflinger

goldflinger Senior Member

One arrow one doe, 25 -30 yard open field. 3 bullets 2 more does. Shot the 2nd doe twice. :biggrin1:

19. hansel

hansel Member

1 Miss on a deer (doe) but then 2 days later, 2 doe's about a minute apart:D :biggrin1:

Total 1 miss
    2 Deer:peace: