How many of you...

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by IChim2, Nov 5, 2007.

1. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

also firearm deer hunt.I'm heading out wed with the camper and the temps are going to be what i concider a little high for opening wk-end...60 degrees and it's only a 5 minute drive to where i bow hunt from camp so i'll get to do that thurs/friday....and there's nothing like camping in the woods.

2. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

I do our firearm season starts on the 17th. I have the entire first week off of work. Anybody wanna guess what i'll be doing? :peace:

3. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

I have class every weekend of the firearm seasons. There go my sat and sundays. I have 5 days total for my muzzleloader hunting.:censored: :frusty:

4. IChim2

Man......you sound like my daughter....Always having a full plate.At the end of the 11th grade last year she went straight into college for the summer and with 1 day left at the end she went right back into her Sr year at school.....she only needed i credit this year and could have went back into college but wanted to finish out the 12th.:noidea: I'm always worried she's going to burn her self out.All work and no play will give you gray hair.

5. MichiganHunter

MichiganHunter Senior Member

i use a 16ga. ithaca model 37 for them shotgun areas and BLR 30-06 for them long shots.

6. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

Well thanks for telling me I sound like a girl.....:frusty: lol! I do have a pretty full schedule...full time student, full time job and full time hunter. I am working as a process engineer for a mid sized company, pretty relaxed atmosphere, able to spend some time on 3dshoots at work, the company is paying for my schooling, not to bad of a deal! And I get out of here about 2 or 2:30 to hunt the evenings, 3 weeks off this year for hunting(plant shutdowns) they would like me to work, but I would like the days off.....:rockon: My classes meet every other weekend 8-4:30 sat. and sun. I also help out at the local pro-shop/outfitter the weekends I don't have class. Just until jan. 09 then I will have my BA in industrial technology, might go for my masters in business administration but I haven't decided yet.

7. Cablegaurd21

Cablegaurd21 Senior Member

this will be my first year shotgun hunting with my father in law. he was the one that got me into bowhunting and he asked if I would go. so I'll try it.

8. J.C.

J.C. New Member

Yep, I hunt with a rifle, too. :wave:

9. OA3D

OA3D Member

Will be out with the rifle this year, as the last 2.

Next year prolly not. Bow during rifle them break out the ML for the rest.
    Prefer being inside 40 yards:wave:

10. IChim2

If it helps...she's a 100% Tomboy:lol:

11. Dens228

Dens228 Senior Member

I will be hunting shotgun for the first time this year.

12. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

Yes, I will be out during shotgun season. I consider myself a hunter, mostly a bowhunter, but a hunter who will get out any chance I can get. Would much rather shoot a deer with my bow though.

13. IChim2

it's going to be a little tougher i think this season...opening day is a few days away and even though the leaves have changed...not many have fallen...can't see verry far in the woods.:frusty: depending on stand location even a 50yd shot would be tough.

14. j3dGuam

j3dGuam Senior Member

I hunt with a gun where allowed.

15. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Yep...
    Rifle and muzzleloader.:rockon:

16. BuckeyeRed

BuckeyeRed Super Member

Bingo :thumb:. I hate when bow only guys think they are superior to those that hunt w/ a firearm. I hunt as much as I can, regardless of weapon used. But to me, a bow kill always means more.

17. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

yupper, we have a 3 week regular season......any legal hunting implement

once its regular season around here your not going to get them w/a bow......

4 people I know have lost there spots they have hunted there whole life.......

18. dustinpedley

dustinpedley Junior Member

November 15th for us michigangers. i use a Knight MK85. thumbhole stock .54 cal. thatl put a hole in a deer