How many people buy a new bow every year?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Chris, Jul 29, 2004.

1. Every year at least one

37 vote(s)
    43.5%
  2. Every other year

17 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. Every 2-3 years

12 vote(s)
    14.1%
  4. 3 or more years

19 vote(s)
    22.4%
  1. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

I'm just wondering how often everyone buys a new bow. So I thought I would create a poll

2. glenny

glenny Senior Member

I started this year

I feel that I am going to be buying a new bow every year.
    I bought two for this year.
    The time you turn around theres something new or better out,why not.
    I don't need even to say the best bows that do come out are usually almost outdated in two years to a dealer.
    That is not that it isn't a shooter but,it's about the technology a bow comes out with and how much it's worth.
    Once you drive it off the lot,it drops from there usually.

3. bfisher

bfisher Senior Member

Just one of the lucky ones I guess. I'm on bow number 15 in the last 11 years. As a staff shooter I didn't buy any of them.

4. bow-regard

bow-regard Member

Man, I need to get on as a staff shooter. You didn't buy any of them. Wow.

5. glenny

glenny Senior Member

Staffshooters have it ruff

I could not be a staffshooter bfisher for 2005,th bow wars are bad enoug in my head.
    I have been a dedicated mathews shooter for almost 8 or more years.
    I can see myself shooting a proelite by hoyt ever since I shot one.Definetely the bow for 2004 in my spec sheets.
    But,ya see I can say this with authority, that the archery world will be lit up with new things out in 2005,and I plan on being on top of the heap.
    I will by a new bow and beleive you me,I might sell it and buy another right away if I find something bette.
    So far, I have always bought and shot something better, so why wouldn't you?
    I wonder if staffshooters would have a bow they really enjoy to shoot and can't because there a staffshooter...
    So.my post means what it says I guess.

6. bfisher

bfisher Senior Member

Glenny, the fact is I started shooting for a slaes rep back in '93 with XI. Since then we've changed companies four times and I'm now with Martin. Each moce to a different company has been a step "UP".

I consider Martin to be be one of the best bows made. I've had three different lasers on mine checking alignment of the limbs and such and it's "right on" even at full draw. Another thing I like is that I was able to go back to a dual cam bow. After seven years of single cams I was happy to get something that had no cam lean.

All this being said, I would not shoot for them if I did not believe they make a good product. Most companies make decent products that most bowhunters couldn't tell much difference in quality. Heck, 80% of shooters can't even get their drawlength right, and that's the most important consideration when choosing a bow. And there are two companies that I can not name that I wouldn't give you $50 for any bow they make.

I know you're a Mathews guy and that's OK. For me, I don't like being part of the crowd. I wouldn't own one just for the reason that so many do. I enjoy beating most of them with something different.

7. glenny

glenny Senior Member

I have ovation

I really think that you have quite the interesting line of work,I would cut my pinky off to be a prostaff member.
    I do know that this ovation has aot of cam lean and to tell you truth.I can put them in the 20 everytime.I wouldn't be suprised if I could outshoot you with it on a 300,but the way that the new bow is designed you can't do much of nothing about it.
    Why is a bow manufactures design not able to pull the solocam off without lean in the cam I will never know.
    I have my own theory about what makes a machine make the shooter drill 5" 100 yard spots.It's the bow.,I can tell you that I could never do 100 yards with my lx,like I do with the ovation,but I have issues lurking in the back of my brain everytime I shoot the new bows for 2004.
    I can not wait till the 2005 year of bows Do come out.I will be getting the Target master and I don't care what the name says on it.
    You got to understand the difference between a slayer and a pro-elite,and to me I have my own opinions but,I should have bought it from the start.It's undoubtable the bow for the target/3d shooter for 2004,I just wish I owned one.

8. Fred de Nice

Fred de Nice Junior Member

What de you think about Phantom Z cam

Hello, im french, i will certainly buy a bow, the Phamtom II z cam, with a Matrix 5 points, a Whisker Biscuit, i will do 3D shot and target shoot.
    Do you think it is a good choice?
    And can you say me when you can buy the 2005 Martin's product?

Thank's ;)

9. glenny

glenny Senior Member

A fine choice for slaying animals perhaps....

I would choose quite the different setup for 3d and target,you could possibly shoot 3d w/it,but consistent accuracy comes from a consistant setup.
    I shoot hoyt now,but I can definitely reasure you that comfort in what kind of bow you shoot is only derived by the owner.
    I prefer to shoot a dropaway rest,some shoot spring steel rests,but,90% of all pro shooters out there in competitions DO NOT have this rest on there bows.
    I am not telling you what to buy,you can be the jdge for yourself and ARE GOING TO BE THE ONE SHOOTING THIS BOW,not me.
    The matrix sight is a fine sight as well,and for mbr class,hunting class,you could shoot it.I prefer NO PLASTIC what so ever on my sights or rests....
    Why shoot anything that can break bend shatter or wear out easily,or you have to replace or Does more damage than you are already spending money on?
    I have a HUnter hoggit by Spot-HOGG for that,the Hogg-it is nice as well,and it has 3rd axis(as well as ALL adjustments),bullet-proof,and comes with choice of pin sizes,as well as apature sizes.
    When shooting thousands of arrows just for fun,or for competition,you must have a good bow that has a good string material and can stay adjust in time,so that when you shoot it is the same as when you put it away yesterday.
    I shoot custom made strings,or winners choice.
    I tell ya, this is the tip of the iceberg......send me a private message with your phone number....

10. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Slippy for President!

I just retired my last bow that I bought used for $!00.

Shot that sucker for 4 years and still shoots great. :thumb:

11. J.C.

J.C. New Member

about every 2-3 years for me.....

12. BuckeyeRed

BuckeyeRed Super Member

Usually every year I will get something new.

I'll either buy a new hunting bow or a spot bow later this year.

It'll probably be the spot bow this time around. I'm having trouble letting my XT go. :peace:

13. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

My XT is only the second bow I have owned, but I would like to get a new one every 2-3 years

14. red44

red44 Senior Member

I've only bought 4-5 "new" bows my whole life. Now used is a different story. I'm good for a couple a year just to try something different. This past year was 2 Martins, a shoot thru Phantom II and a SlayR. They're gone, and a Conquest 2 just showed up yesterday. :rockon: The year is young. I still have two bows that haven't changed in a few years, kind of a base camp.

15. beenfarr

beenfarr Senior Member

I seem to be buying a few bows a year, mostly gently used. But I like a new bow to play with every year. :D

Ben

16. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

this thread is about 3 years old:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

17. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

:frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty:

18. red44

red44 Senior Member

:noidea: I really half to start paying attention!:lol:

19. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Old Old Oldies.............

I shot a Jennings for 10 before buying my XT.:wave:

20. beenfarr

beenfarr Senior Member

but still relevant. Although 3 years ago I would have said " I buy a new bow every 3 years"

Ben