how much is too much?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by trussoni, Feb 27, 2008.

1. trussoni

trussoni Ninja Fighting Fool

I am going to the big city today to look for a new sight. I am not sure how much $$ is too much $$. I figure if I can find a sight with a lense in it for under 2 bills I am doing alright.
    Can anyone tell me what kind of sight w/ a lense they use how they like it and roughly how much I can expect they spent on it? Any information would be welcome.
    Here is what I want out of a new sight.
    At least 4 pins
    It has to be lighted
    a 2-4X lense
    Its got to be pretty even if it is camo which is manlaw pretty
    It has to be versatile enough to shoot both target shoot as well as be functional in the woods.
    Thats about it and once again Thanks for the input.

2. archer1983

archer1983 New Member

On my switchback xt I shoot the predator pro2000...

it is threded on the outside to accept Viper lenses. You can either get 19's or 29's and I beleive 10's size pins.

the downside to it is that it is pretty heavy once its on the bow (hunting) which is probably an upside to target shooting. :noidea:

Viper makes an extremely high quality bow sight.

Sword also makes a good sight for both 3-d, target and hunting purposes.
    Their prices are pretty good as well for what you are getting.

:cool:

3. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

For your price range, check out the Viper sights. They have various styles and most will accept a viper lens,

4. RxBowhunterKS

RxBowhunterKS Paddle in water

Just what you are looking for..........Sword!

The Sword Apex 3rd Plane Micro! It comes with 5 pins (0.010, 0.019 or 0.029 your choice of combination and colors) AND it comes with a light that is adjustable to 3 different intensities. It is ROCK solid, very well built and easily adjusted.The sight sells for around $112 and a glass lens is another ~~$40
    (2x, 4x, or 6x)

5. RxBowhunterKS

I ordered mine with four 0.019 pins and one 0.010 pin for my 60 yard pin.

6. RxBowhunterKS

7. RxBowhunterKS

Top view. Very strong construction without excess weight. The 3rd axis is set before leaving the factory.

8. trussoni

RxBowhunterKS do you have a pic of what it looks like on a bow or know of a pic easily accessible where I can take a peek. I hope it comes in camo...

9. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

how can you set the 3rd axis, before you get it on the bow???

I am asking because i am not aware that this is possible:noidea:

10. J.C.

J.C. New Member

they have little stands that rotate. you bolt the sight to it and check the level when it's parallel to the table then you rotate it up to about 45 degrees and check the level again. A guy on AT makes them and sells them. Do a search the next time you're over there. I think britesite might sell one too.

11. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

cool, see i learned something today

12. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

And some guy from Frog Level was the instructor.:biggrin1:

13. J.C.

J.C. New Member

:peace: :peace: :peace: :peace:

14. archer1983

archer1983 New Member

Dont think this particular model does... sorry.

15. J.C.

J.C. New Member

Hey, trussoni did you buy something today?

16. trussoni

Nope went to three different shops and only 1 had a lensed sight. It was an HHA 500 series. I want to look at a Viper and a Sword before I make a purchase. I cant find anywhere around here that carries a Sword in stock. A shop in another town wont have a Sword until sometime in April. If anyone can tell me the pros and cons of HHA Sword and Viper it would be a great help. Most likely I will scour the surrounding area a bit more tomorrow and see if I can find another shop in yet another town who carries either Viper or Sword. If anyone here has a shop or something let me know whatever you can about whichever ya got and maybe we can strike a deal if I dont find what I am looking for locally. Gotta at least try to keep the natives happy.