How to get started shooting 5-spot?

Discussion in 'Beginners Archery Range' started by HoosierShooter, Aug 15, 2008.

1. HoosierShooter

HoosierShooter Is It October Yet???

okay as the title says.... I am a hunter and getting ready to pick up my new Black DXT. I am looking at putting a Copper John 4 pin DN2 Comp sight on it with a drop away rest.

I am just curious if this will be acceptable to get started shooting spots and really how do I go about it... find a club/group to shoot with???

Thanks,

Melissa

2. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

Melissa there are sevral guys on this board that are from the southern region of Indiana. What is the nearest bigger city to your location and maybe they could help you? You need to find yourself an indoor range to start shooting in. Check at your local pro shop and if they don't have an indoor range more than likely they will be able to point you to one without much trouble. Spots in my area is mostly a winter thing with Leagues usually starting in November. I like to shoot spots myself in the Winter months then it's back out on the 3D course in the summer. You'll have a blast if it's spots or 3D good luck...:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

3. HoosierShooter

HoosierShooter Is It October Yet???

Near Evansville

I actually live between Evansville and Newburgh. The shop I deal with is Bucks and Jakes in Boonville, they do have a indoor range, but I don't think they shoot leagues.

My other problem is I work second shift, I assume most leagues would be in the evenings when I am at work....

Hope this info helps.

Good Luck to all this Fall!

4. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

Leagues are ran a little differently from place to place. The league I shot on last year worked pretty well. We had an honor system and you were required to shoot one score a week for 12 weeks. But you could shoot your scores whenever you wanted to and you could shoot a week ahead if you knew you were gonna be away which was really nice. Ask the folks at Bucks and Jakes to help If they don't have leagues I bet they could help you find something. Good Luck spots are alot of fun...:wave: :wave: :wave:

5. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

I am pretty sure there are a few archery shops around Evansville. Just do a search in the yellow pages and also alot of archery leagues allow shooters to shoot whenever they can. But its much better if you can shoot with everyone else. We will expect pics of the new DXT of course.:peace: