hows ur week goin?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by killbambidead, Oct 2, 2007.

1. killbambidead

killbambidead bambi killer

monday(opening day) not so good. i get off school and head to the woods. i get in my stand at 3:30ish and wait. i was excitied casue the farmer couldnt get between the sinkholes with his corn header and left an acre of corn standing back there. so its gettin about time and i hear a rumbling noise. a couple minutes later im goin awww sh*t and about that time the farmer and his buddy pull up to the field and go for a walk through the corn .... so i waited til dark and left
    Tuesday get out a little late and get in the tree at 410 im pullin my bow up when i see some wings flap apparently the turkeys got there early and busted me so they left. then at 640 im scopin it out with the binos and catch movement all the way across the field practically in the farmers back yard is standin a little group of deer a does 2 fawns and a little buck and i watch em til dark and leave
    tomorow big buck i saw last year is gonn walk under me and im gonna stick him .. i wish

2. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

Are you Trespassing...:laugh:

3. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

standing corn CAN be nice but normally it isn't. A deer will vanish within 2 steps of a corn field (its unreal to watch) and they will probably spend a lot of time in their for the cover.

Make sure you are on a good trail between the corn field and a water source, hunting the field itself will be nearly impossible with a bow so you'll need to nail them before they come out into the corn or when they leave... also they may spend a lot of the rut in there so be ready to call them out

good luck!

4. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

My week hasn't been much, opening day 6-9:45 nada, lunch-nap, 3-7 nada.....Tuesday evening 4-7 nada. Welcome to october folks!

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

yup october sucks...the last 2 weeks of bow season are where its at!!!!

6. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

last two weeks? you mean the last two weeks of october????

7. timberghost

timberghost Senior Member

I passed on a forked horn muley last night. It has snowed twice in the last two weeks. The does are starting to bunch up and have lost all there summer coat. The later it gets the better it gets.

8. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

Don't know about you guys but my whole day seems to be better if I know im going hunting that evening!!! I won't be doing much morning hunting this year but, just about every evening thats decent I will be in my stand! Although, I do have 3 weeks off, last week of october, thanksgiving week and the week of christmas. How about all you other hunters out there.....:peace:

9. killbambidead

killbambidead bambi killer

so much for wendsdays plans :-/ only deer i saw was on the bus ride home after school

10. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Went out the first time this season today. Sat in a tree and got overheated and just saw two turkeys and a bunch of tree rats. Left the stand with no water or snacks left. And, to make matters worse, my ear radio battery took a dive...

Oh well, for the first day it could have been worse...

Ron

11. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

Still can't make heads or tails of the weather.Still warmer than i like but from what the weather man said this evening it's about to change.Their calling for close to 90 tomorrow but than the rain move's in and the day time temps starting sun/mon in the 60's and will feel a whole lot more like hunting weather.It's a lonnng walk to my tree stands and if conected with one,buy the time i got it back to the truck than home and than skined and cut up...the temps (for me) would be high enough that i would worry about the meat....and the dang blow flies.

12. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

Seem to me the deer just aren't moving until right at dark, i've hunted monday morning and evening, tuesday evening and last night. I've seen a grand total of 0 deer from my stand, I saw 2 tuesday night standing by my truck on my walk out. Next time I will leave the tailgate down and they can just hop in. I saw 5 last night when I was walking out welcome to the suck of the first two weeks of October!!!.......:frusty: :frusty: :frusty: