Hoyt Bows

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by bamaboydave, Apr 5, 2008.

1. bamaboydave

bamaboydave I'm with Firechic

I have a bowtech connie and a 101st airborn and not happy with the 101st. The connie shoots ok but I wanted to get some opinions on some Hoyt target and hunting bows. Also would like some opinions on the cam and half system like the timing. Also what is the difference in the 1000, 2000, and the 3000 limbs. Thanks for your opinions.

2. bamaboydave

whats up no hoyt shooters?

3. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

The limb numbers indicate the length of the limbs. Other than that, they are the same.

4. bamaboydave

so the higher the number the longer the limb, so longer axle to axle?

5. j3dGuam

j3dGuam Senior Member

My best advice is to go and shoot some of the models and see if you like any of them. I have tried all of the major brands and I always seem to buy another Hoyt every year. Currently I have a Vtec, Vectrix and Katera.

6. dbdcougar

dbdcougar He Who Drops His Bow Arm

j3Dguam is correct; it doesn't matter what any of us think about them. Only you can decide if it's right for you. I select a bow with hunting as my first priority. If I were to go buy one today it would be a MOAB (speed, oh well you can't have everything), however I'm still interested in trying Justin's Elite when it comes in. I'll guarantee you most guys on here would not buy that as their next bow - it's just so much personal preference.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2008
  7. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Just talk to your wife.............the way she shoots she has to know more than any of us do.:noidea: :rockon: :lol:

8. jkcerda

jkcerda the GOON squad POSEE

just send me your 101st, i am sure i wont like it, but more than happy to give it a try.

Hoyt, awesome bows & well built, almost got the Katera, good feel, sits nice in your hand.
    look around, mathews makes good bows as well, then there is Elite,PSE, Martin,,,hard to find a bad bow nowadays, try a few & look around.

good luck.
    nothing beats teh anticipation fo getting a new bow,,,well, mayby shopping for acces.

9. Hoyt1986

Hoyt1986 GIT R-DONE!!!!!!

cant go wrong with a hoyt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PROMISE!!

10. J.C.

J.C. New Member

I shot a Hoyt Katera yesterday and it was very nice. very smooth, easy draw, quiet, and fast, too.

I'm curious why you're not happy with your 101st? I shot the 82nd yesterday and thought it was a pretty nice bow.

11. j3dGuam

j3dGuam Senior Member

Hoyts parallel limb models (adult models) only used Xt500 limbs. Most of the other high end models can swap out limbs to customize to specs of the shooter. Most of the target shooters prefer the longer limbs but the bowhunters perfer the shorter limbs of obvious reasons. All hoyt cams are a variation of the Cam 1/2 system. Some are DL adjustable and others are DL specific.

12. bamaboydave

I had some issues with the roller gaurd makeing some noise so I had that fixed then i have had some timing issues and paper tuneing issues due to the hard cam lean. overall just doesnt feel right even though issues are resolved.

13. J.Blay

J.Blay New Member

I've been shooting the cam and a half on my hoyt ultra mag for a few years now. I have had no cam lean or timing problems. I have no regrets other than I fell in love with the Katera.

14. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

Bama and his 101 just don't get along....I fear that are at an impass that they will never be able to mend. It is better if they part ways :pout:

I don't know if Hoyt is an answer to his problems, but at this point it sure can't hurt. You have to have confidence in what you are shooting and he and the 101 just don't get along.

15. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I think he needs a better bow shop......:tape:

He also needs to try a Dren LD....his prayers will be answered:rockon:

16. Hook Em

He sold a Dren to get the 101 :noidea: I think he wants to try something else now, but he may go back to the dark side.

17. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

he had a DRENALIN LD????:dizzy:

18. Hook Em

no...just the regular Dren....not the LD.

19. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Different animal ENTIRELY, I disliked the Drenalin and really LOVE the Dren LD....:rockon:

20. bamaboydave

i shoot the dren ld and not happy with it either it feels the same as the dren i use to have:noidea: