Hoyt Man with Mathews Questions

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Radar, May 20, 2007.

1. Radar

Radar Story of my life

I was looking for a Good bow for shooting indoor and outdoor spots with. I am looking into another ProElite or a ProTec but I have some questions about some mathews. Would the Ovation be a good bow for shooting spots? I know that the Apex is good and I have looked at some C3 and C4's but I searched the ovations and it seems you could probably get some a little cheaper. I don't know that much about mathews but just trying to keep the options open........Also is draw length changes on mathews a big deal or is it pretty resonable? Any help would be great:biggrin1:

2. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

you really that desperate?? LOL

3. Radar

Radar Story of my life

just keepin an open mind

4. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I picked up a very nice used Ovation from a seller on this site for indoor 5 spot and it's awsome. I'm not sure I'd shoot it for unknown yardage like 3D since it's a pretty slow bow, relatively speaking. It's rock solid and I don't regret for an instant picking it up. I 'normally' shoot Bowtech/Diamond. Goes to show you that you don't have to be brand loyal. Just shoot what feels comfortable. I love that Ovation.

Ron

5. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

I know a couple of people that love shooting the ovation for indoors. I've had many say it's the best indoor bow mathews every produced. Don't count it out, that's for sure.

6. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Ovation is a great indoor bow.....very solid.....nice shooting bow....If you have at least a 28 inch draw you should be fine......

there are a bunch of guys on this site I beleive that are shooting ovations for indoor spots......

7. Radar

Radar Story of my life

I am a 30" Draw. I was really considering the ovation but it seems all the ones I find are 70# with a 27 or 28" draw. Not in any big hurry right now just trying to look ahead. Plus maybe use it for field league........ not sure....... I would still like to find a Protec or a ProElite like my other one. I figured get something close to what I am shooting for 3D's and am very comfortable with. But Like I said before........trying to keep an open mind

8. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

You said it right. Keep an open mind. There are a lot of really nice shooting bows out there. I'm finding that out and I am really humbled by what the manufacturers have these days.

Another really nice bow for target is the Bowtech Commander. Oh man it's a really nice shooter. It also seems to be quite a bit faster than the Ovation so it might be a good candidate for indoor and 3D and hunting (if you like the longer ATA). I just cannot justify forking up the cash for one.

Ron

9. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

The Ovation is an awesome shooter especially for spots when you do not have to worry about speed.:peace:

10. hitman846

hitman846 Non Camper

I shoot an Ovation for spots and love it. I tried to shoot 3D with it, but I'm not that good at the yardage guessing game and it is just too slow.

11. Radar

Radar Story of my life

Well I am not looking for speed, I have my Pro Elite Shooting fast enough, which is the bow that I shoot for 3D. I am just looking for a good 300 rnd/ Field bow.

12. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

great 300 bow:rockon: :rockon:

13. Radar

Radar Story of my life

Ya I look at all the specs and say hey......that thing should be a nail driver. But that is the same thing that I thought about the Bowtech constitution that I bought for 3D and hated it. I never even shot a 3d with it and sold it.