Hoyt Shooters

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by BIG T, Feb 15, 2007.

1. BIG T

BIG T Junior Member

Are there anybody out there that has got a hoyt 38 ultra for 3d ? And how do you like it?

2. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

We don't have anyone shooting the 38. I have a friend in another part of the state that says he is ordering the Ultra 38.

I shot it when the Hoyt rep was here and it's pretty nice. To me, it was very similar to the Ultratec.

3. chelleo

chelleo Senior Member

My hubby has the Ultratec which we messed with today and took the draw length to the minimum so I could try and use it. Even though the DL is a little long for me I did so much better than with my browning discovery. I believe you are correct about the 38 ultra is patterned after the Ultratec. We're just doing target right now though.

4. medlife04

medlife04 Junior Member

ultratec

i have shot a ultratec for the past two years wouldnt trade it for the world quiet stable reliable and fast shoots around 295fps

5. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

I used to work with a guy who felt the same way. The ultratec is a very solid shooter. By the way :welcome: to the forum glad to meet ya. Hey by the way how do you like the Viper hunting sight???:peace:

6. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

vonnoto is shooting the 38pro..........he likes it.....

7. Jay Are

Jay Are Junior Member

Medlife,
    Do you have Spiral cams or Cam &1/2 on it?

Big T,
    Prior to my new bow, I was using my Ultratec as my 3D Rig... I think it is a good bow for 3D and plan on using it for hunting this year (Since I got a new 3D rig)... If you are looking for a 3D only rig, I would recommend shooting the new 38 Ultra and 38 Pro. If you are looking for a Hunting & 3D bow, I would recommend that you shoot the Vectrix, 38 Ultra and Valcan.
    Just my thoughts...

8. medlife04

medlife04 Junior Member

i love the viper sight nice bright pins especially if you use the viper light with it. thanks for the welcome. i am using the cam and a 1/2 provides nice smooth draw no shelfs. i would like to shoot some of the 28 ultra or pro but i dont really like messing with a good thing if you know what i mean. shot 3-d and targer with the ultratec did pretty good 580/600

Last edited: Apr 11, 2007
  9. BowhuntnHoosier

Nice shootin. I agree if it ain't broke then don't fix it. Are the pins durable??:noidea:

10. medlife04

medlife04 Junior Member

my sight has 7.5" fibers no problem yet with durability still just as bright as when i got them have tried tru glo and trophy ridge sights definately not as bright as viper :peace:

11. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

hey guys!!! Chris has a friend!!! Wahoooooooooooo .. LOL

12. medlife04

medlife04 Junior Member

hello

how is everyone liking the weird weather we got.

13. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

GGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRR

its raining and 36 here now. this sucks!

14. BowhuntnHoosier

Yep pretty much sums it all up.:doh:

15. medlife04

medlife04 Junior Member

i was really looking forward to being outdoors for my 3-d tomarrow but i think it is going to be to nasty another indoor shoot:Cry:
    :peace:

16. chelleo

chelleo Senior Member

Don't know what you're all complaining about....it's in mid 60's and beautiful out. Could be that I live in G-ds country hehe....lovely Marin yessss...and no we don't have a hot tub with peakock feathers!

17. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

God's country? Where abouts in southern Indiana do you live? Your header says California, but evidently we are neighbors.........:fencing: