Hoyt trykon (rubber band type twang after release)

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by SuperJ, Oct 31, 2006.

1. SuperJ

SuperJ Junior Member

I just purchased a trykon a couple weeks ago and love the way it shoots ... i have only one concern though there is a slight rubber band twang after you release i wasn't sure if this was from the crappy string that comes stock or a tuning problem that can be fixed with the bow itself ..some feedback back on this would be awesome ..

2. lungbuster

lungbuster Senior Member

the twang

Mine did it too.. got rid of the sting shox and put speed leechs, no more twang....

3. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I had an SQ2 that when leeches were installed the bow was louder than without......got rid of them and went to cat whiskers.....silent bow.....try what lungbuster says......might just work......

4. phone guy

phone guy Member

I had the string shox on mine and I pulled them off I now use cat whiskers. My arrow flight is louder than the bow. Do you use a d loop or are you firing from the serving. I recommend the d loop.

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I am actually being seriios here is shooting w/a D loop quieter? I have never thought about that before.....

6. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Welcome to the forum SuperJ glad to have you with us.:wave:
    And I totally agree with the cat whiskers they may rob you of 2-3 fps in speed but are tough to beat when it comes to price and quieting down a bow. I hope you get things down to a whisper SuperJ

Now this is pretty bad when a guy has to tell us when he is being serious.

7. phone guy

phone guy Member

I personally think that the d loop is quieter and it will make you more accurate and also will save your string. I also put cat whiskers on the cables as well I just cut them to hang about 1.25 at each end. They work, alot of people say it slows the string but I am not going to notice 1-3 fps

8. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I beleive all of the same except I never thought about it making the bow quieter.....

9. papito

papito Petering it since 06

Try the cat whispers i;ve only heard good things about them!!!

10. kingshooter

kingshooter New Member

Trykon twang

My trykon had the same twang. I put on a string stop and twang be gone.Highly recomend getting one. Having problems tuning the bow and keeping it tuned after a bunch of shoots. I hope it is the hoyt string. Just put on Zebra string and cables and haven't shot enough to tell.

11. tmurphy

tmurphy Guest

the d loop prob will work like silencers just not as well.

12. I use to hear that sound also, but then I learned to duck sooner when my girlfriend would swing at me:frusty: :lol: :lol:

Now he can say something about him being serious :peace: :laugh:

13. In all seriousness I think the I would try the cat whiskers.:cool:

14. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

My trykon had the string buzz too, the sts took care of the buzz. Currently I have a double sts, string loop, 2 string leeches-as close to the end servings as possible, and bowtechs little slip on leeches on my cables(4 of them) and my bow is dead silent. It still shoots 280 with a 390 grain arrow. 29" draw@65lbs through a WB. Oh, and 4 CSS tunerz, two in the riser and two on the limbs. I know it's a lot of stuff, but now all you hear when I shoot is the hiss of the blazers!