Hoyt Trykon (smooth shooter with distinct noise).

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Straightandtrue67, Nov 5, 2006.

1. Just stated really tuning in my new Hoyt Trykon and must say it is a very fast and smooth release shooting bow. I spent about 3 hours yesterday fine tuning it (sighting in sights) yesterday. The only thing that struck me as being different is the very distinct noise it makes when releasing shots. My Mathews Switchback makes a noise on the release, but not with so much of a "Twang" noise as compared to my Trykon. Is this just my Trykon, or do all the Hoyt bows make this distinct sound when shooting a arrow down range??
    :noidea:

Take Care and God Bless!

Ed:

2. papito

papito Petering it since 06

I have not heard of the hoyts making a twang noise, my bow makes a little string noise when i shoot but no twang. Do you have any type of string silencers?

3. tek

tek Senior Member

Catwiskers

Its probably just string twang. Lots of Trykons have it. Catwiskers is the fix for most of them.

4. phone guy

phone guy Member

I use cat whiskers on the string and cable I also switched to a winners choice string because I didn't like the quality of the fuse. Haven't had any twang since.

5. So the cat whiskers work better then the installed strings silencers on the Trykon? I have no complaints with the Fuse string that is on my Hoyt. What is wrong with Fuse strings? I can tell you Fuse bow quivers and sights are very nice (what I use on my Trykon). :biggrin1:

Take care and God Bless!

Ed

6. SuperJ

SuperJ Junior Member

ya for sure either change the string on your trykon or get new silencers personally i'd change the string thats what i did and my trykon is much quieter ..my arrow flight is almost louder than the bow ..winners choice if you decide to change the string .. i had the same problem when i bought my new hoyt and now i'll never switch . :rockon:

7. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Remove the string shox and put crossbow leeches in it. If you really want to create a great shooter, put an STS on it.

8. hunter5425

hunter5425 Junior Member

Mine was making a twang. It turned out to be the cam and a half name plates on the cam vibrating on the shot. They are hels in with a flexable adhesive. A dab of super glue fixed mine.

9. Bluzman

Bluzman Junior Member

Cat whiskers will make a big difference too. Also, they will last longer.

JMHO

10. Scottie

Scottie Member

Exactly. You do this and all you'll hear is your release going off.