hoyt trykon??

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by SuperJ, Oct 4, 2006.

1. SuperJ

SuperJ Junior Member

I just sold my bowtech allegiance to a friend to get him into bowhunting i'm lookking at buying a new bow and i've been looking at the new!! hoyt trykon . i've read some reviews and heard they are hard to tune . anyone out there have some advice on the new trykon.. :noidea:

2. lungbuster

lungbuster Senior Member

I love the trykon

I love the Trykon I have the xt, Its not hard to tune, I will be selling mine in november.. the only reason is I buy a new hoyt every year, the trykon is a sweet shooting piece of work.. Its fast, forgiving, and best of all it looks really cool.. oh its a hoyt... if there are any specific questions you may have about the Trykon let me know. I will answer them the best I can. I suggest going and shooting one, it will sell itself. If you want a deal wait until November and Ill give you one.

3. Kyfoster11

Kyfoster11 Junior Member

Lungbuster.....what about string noise? A buddy at our local pro shop said it was a little loud...said he had to play with string silencers to find the best ones. Ive shot mathews for the last 7 years and was actually thinking about the switch due to the 80lb limbs they offer on the trykon. Also..what kind of speed do you get out of yours. Im not a speed freak, but I shoot a really heavy arrow(bout 525 grain) and was just wondering what yours was pushing.
    thanks alot
    kent

4. phone guy

phone guy Member

I shoot a 60-70 lbs trykon my arrow is 490 grains I am pulling 74 lbs the bow is maxed out my draw is 28" and my arrow length is 30" I shoot 261 fps. My bow is silent. The string that comes on it is not very good and the silencers arent either. I switched to a winners choice and I put cat whiskers on the draw string and the cables I cannot hear the bow being fired. My arrow flight is louder than the bow.

5. bullspotter

bullspotter Senior Member

I sold a allegiance and bought a trikon last year, was a good move, im shooting a 395 grain arrow at 285 with 28.5 dl at 69 lbs, havent had any tuning problems, i just kinda eye balled everything the did some light paper tuning. shoots awsom, and is quieter then the 05 allegiance was. I really like it!!

6. bengapple

bengapple Junior Member

Trykons are very fast and quiet

I have two Trykons an XL and a standard the standard is my hunting bow. My hunting bow is set at 70Lbs and my draw is 29 and 1/2 inches I use terminators with a 100 grain ThunderHead or Stinger mech. Iam getting 310fps out of this rig. The bow and arrow combination is very quiet infact I have had a number of long time shooters remark how quiet the rig is. As for tuning I have had no problems. The one thing that I would suggest is ti replace the Fuse POC string with WC before you even leave the pro shop.

7. lungbuster

lungbuster Senior Member

question

I am shooting a 27.5 inch draw cabron express arrows maxima hunters, 85 grain heads. 67 lbs draw weight shoots about 275fps... the only thing I did to my strings is twisted tighter and got rid of the shox for speed leeches.. no more noise ever..

8. Frank

Frank Member

I had a chance to shoot the trykon at the pro shop and the one I shot was a smooth shooting bow. In this area most people shoot eithe hoyt, Matthews,pse or reflex. I have shot Darton for many years started with the 50mx. Have shot my Darton Lightning for past 10yrs. I would like to shot a new Darton maybe Its time to upgrade my setup.

9. SuperJ

SuperJ Junior Member

sweet thanks for all the info I think i pretty much have made my choice but i'll for sure shoot one before i make the final decision but by the sounds of it i don't think i'll have a problem with it . Thanks to everyone for the advice! :thumb:

10. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

darton are they still in business????

11. armyof1

armyof1 JBK BOWSTRINS,DCAP staff

i have a trykon xl 75 th aniversary edition i dont have a prob with the nois it is because it is out of tune if you get nois . it is caused by the cables not the actual bow string if you get it in time there is no excessive noise