Hoyt UltraElite Cam&1/2 (plus) size

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by xmoravej, Dec 12, 2007.

1. xmoravej

xmoravej Junior Member

Hello,
    I would like to buy a bow case for my new Hoyt UltraElite XT3500 (which I still do not have) and I am wondering what the total length of that bow is.

The axle 2 axle length is 42.75", however, I do not know (and could not google out) what the radius of the Hoyt cam is so I cannot easily compute the total length.

I would estimate the cam radius would be like 1-1.5" which would give me the total length of 45.75".

And now the problem. Will I be _really_ able to fit the bow to a case with a declared size of 46" (let's assume it is the internal case size)? Obviously, I can count, but I am unsure about the cam size so it is a hard guess....

Thank you,
    Jan

2. UltraElite 06

UltraElite 06 Vote for Pedro

It's hard to say, the cam size will vary based on the draw length range.I dont think Hoyt has the tune charts up for the 08's yet.So with out the actual bow to measure you are only approximating the overall lenght. You could try haveing your Hoyt dealer call Hoyt to try and find out the exact measurement.

3. Radar

Radar Story of my life

I dont think anything changed from 07 to 08 you can get an ATA length from an 07 UE W/ 3500 limbs and look for a case that is longer than that length, but the best bet is to find someone with an 07 or 08 comparable (cams, DL) and have them measure it

4. Long Draw

Long Draw Banned

unless Hoyt can tell you , add 2 " per side

5. xmoravej

xmoravej Junior Member

Anybody with Hoyt UltraElite XT3500?

Unfortunately I do not know anybody with Hoyt UltraElite XT3500. As I wrote ATA length is 42.75" and I would like to find out if this bow can fit in 46" box case (internal size).

It would fit in if the cam radius is less then 1.5"... I know that 2" would be a safe guess, but that would give me the bow length of 46.75" :( Maybe the cams are not so big, I really love that box case... :)

Is anybody here, who has this sort of a bow and who could measure it for me please?

Thank you,
    Jan