Hoyt Vulcan/ Katera info

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Buck'NRut, Mar 23, 2008.

1. Buck'NRut

Buck'NRut Seven Higgins Ranch

I am looking at buying a Vulcan or Katera. I am currently in Iraq and cant get a hold of a proshop. I heard that draw lengths on both of these bows were only adjustable 0.5 ". Is this true? Also any feedback from shooters of either bow would be appreciated. Thanks

2. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

The katera and the vulcan are the same bow but the katera has a new cam that is a little faster. All the specs are the same except the speed. Same riser, same limbs just different cam. You will be happy with either one. I just picked a new vulcan on AT for half the price of a katera if that helps. I am happy with the vulcan so far, it's a shooter for having such a short brace height. And yes, both of these bows are draw length specific.

3. j3dGuam

j3dGuam Senior Member

The Katera riser is different from the Vulcan riser. But they are both great shooters. I have the Katera now but I considered the Vulcan last year but got the Vectrix . Draw length on both bows are DL specific but can be fine tuned by twisting or untwisting the string which will get you 1/4 in either dirrection.

4. archerykid12

archerykid12 New Member

i have a vulcan for sale if you have any interest send me a pm

5. STRO

No, they are the same.

6. j3dGuam

j3dGuam Senior Member

Look again. Vulcan riser is more curved on the lower half below the stabilizer hole. Katera has sharper lines. Not the same rizer.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2008
  7. STRO

Aaaahhhhh,, You are correct, I thought they were the same. I doubt that makes any difference between the two. Can you tell much of a difference between the vulcan and katera as far as how they feel? I just picked up a vulcan for a great price because I didn't want to spend over $800 on the katera since they are pretty much the same bow.

8. j3dGuam

j3dGuam Senior Member

They feel pretty much the same. I missed out on the Vulcan clearance sale my dealer had last year:doh:. He did not have my DL. They were a steal. But I ate crow because in the beginning of last year he told me to get the Vulcan. But I was skeptical about 6 in BH. Now I shelled out $700+ for the Katera. But thats archery.:D