hoyt xtec?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by agdave112, Sep 18, 2007.

1. agdave112

agdave112 Junior Member

i have a 70lb 27" draw. what arrows and broadheads are you shooting if you have the same setup?

2. hoyt_hunter007

hoyt_hunter007 Senior Member

I have a 70 lb hoyt vtec, which is really similar to the xtec. Mine is set at 27.5" right now, and i shoot gold tip xt hunter 5575 arrows. As far as arrows go, i would recommend going to a pro shop and having them help you pick an arrow that has the correct spine for your draw length/weight. Im pretty sure my arrows would be spined correctly for your bow also, but any pro shop worth their salt could give you several options.

Broadheads are really a matter of personal preference, everyone has a different one they like. Ive shot several from no-name walmart cheapos to slick tricks, g5 tekans, wasps, and most recently muzzy mx-3s. With some work, ive been able to get all of them to fly accurately from my bows. This is another thing a good proshop would be able to help you out with.

if you have any more specific questions, feel free to ask...there are several knowledgable people on this site.

oh and let me be the first to welcome you to the forum :wave:

3. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I dont shoot a hoyt, but I do have a 27" draw, get your self some CX Maximas, set them up w/ Muzzy MX3 or MX4, youwont be dissapointed.....

infact I am headed to the shop today to get some of these very arrow- broadhead setups....

and WELCOME to you

4. BuckeyeRed

BuckeyeRed Super Member

I had the exact bow and setup, I shot Easton A/C/C's 3-49 cut at 26.5", shooting 100gr 3 blade Muzzy originals. The combo worked great for me.