Hoyt's passing down through the family

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by my3sons&I, Mar 4, 2008.

1. my3sons&I

my3sons&I New Member

The time had come for Dad "me" to pass down his Hoyt Raptor Redline to his oldest boy and the oldest to pass his Hoyt Lazertech down to my 11 year old and my 11 year old to pass his Hoyt Banshee down to my 8 year old. So, with that being all said Dad needed a new bow. I shot several of Hoyts 2008 line up and decided to go with the Katera. Tonight I picked it up from Brians Archery in Barrington, NH. I shot with my new bow tonight and I have to tell you what a machine. Of course in comparison to what I had been shooting for many years this is a dream. 70# @ 28" draw shooting Easton ST Epics. Schaffer Tech 1 rest with a G5 Meta peep and a Montana Black Gold Skylight sight. I may be the happiest father in Maine tonight not only because of my new bow but the fact that my boys are able to continue to shoot and hunt with dad without any problem. My wife doesn't much care to hear me boast but I thought I would share with others that understand what it is like to own and shoot a new bow with your children who also love to do it as much as you.:)

Last edited: Mar 4, 2008
  2. clemenlp

clemenlp Diamond in the Rough

Congrats you all of you, there's nothing like spending time with your children outside. Hope you all continue to love the sport.

And a definate :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: to 3DS

3. my3sons&I

my3sons&I New Member

Thank you for the welcome.

4. dabowchick69

dabowchick69 New Member

Cool deal. My whole family hunts. I shoots my brothers old Browning. I wanna new bow but this sport aint cheap!

5. J.C.

J.C. New Member

:welcome: my3sons :wave: :wave:

glad to see your sons involved in the sport....

6. :welcome: to the site, there is nothing like sharing a sport with the family:peace:

7. Hoyt1986

Hoyt1986 GIT R-DONE!!!!!!

Cant EVER go wrong with a hoyt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also :welcome: to 3dshoots!! Nice to have ya aboard!!!!

8. Hoyt1986

Hoyt1986 GIT R-DONE!!!!!!

:welcome: :welcome:

9. Illustrator

Illustrator Baaaa!!!!

The Katera is an excellent choice.

If it had been a tad lighter, I would have probably bought one over the DXT...

I spent a lot of time trying to decide between the two...

10. jkcerda

jkcerda the GOON squad POSEE

+2.

good bow.
    oh and :welcome:

11. Illustrator

Illustrator Baaaa!!!!

Thanks, beaner-boy :p

12. jkcerda

you are welcome, senor:p .

i did not mind the weight BTW, i just did not get to try it :mad: .
    felt pretty good to.

13. Illustrator

Illustrator Baaaa!!!!

for treestand hunting, it would be fine, but if you were doing a lot of spot and stalking, that extra pound over the dxt would probably get old...

14. jkcerda

nothing a primos bow sling wont cure:p .

love mine,.

ok, good night ladies, got to get back to work:mad:

15. my3sons&I

my3sons&I New Member

It is a bit heavy but manageble. I shot over 100 arrows tonight with it and felt good at the end. I won't lie that I did notice the weight toward the end but overall shot well with it. Thanks everyone for the welcome(s).

16. my3sons&I

my3sons&I New Member

Been to Eloy AZ to your south a few times over years jumping out of those airplanes. Someday I hope to share that with my boys as well.

17. my3sons&I

my3sons&I New Member

Hah! Now I have a Hoyt momma as of today. My wife has a Hoyt Lazer Tech and shot with us today. She shot at our local pro shop with us and she loved it. She actually did well from 20yds. Chacheeng! now she can't say no to our habit!:thumb: Her name is Sue but we call her Momma Sue. She's hooked and started to read this forum with me today. Only took me 18yrs of marriage to get her to try archery:frusty:

Last edited: Mar 8, 2008