Hugger Climber Stand people

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by Deer Hunter, Oct 20, 2007.

1. Deer Hunter

Deer Hunter Junior Member

whats up, Im pretty new to bowhunting and I just bought a climber tree stand. The problem is that i use a recurve, being that it is a longer bow its hard to shoot down at much of an angle withou the limbs hitting the seat part of the stand. So it tried just attaching the platform part and shimming up and this worked but it go somewhat tedious to stand there for 2 and ahalf hours.... any suggestions on keeping comfortable while standing or how tto fix this situation.

2. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

That's a tough one...

3. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

what make and model climber??

4. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

buy yourself one of those strap on tree seats hook it tou your belt and strap it on the tree after you get up there or tie it on a string and pull it up.

5. Deer Hunter

Deer Hunter Junior Member

gorilla inc wolverine climber

6. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

Try the tree saddle. There is nothing between you and the ground.

Don't knock it till you have tried one.

7. Southernfryedyankee

Southernfryedyankee Senior Member

What I would do is buy a 1 1/4" square metal tube and weld a 6" piece to the stand on the straight part of the upper frame then go to ameristep and buy there accessory bow holder and put it where the bow is on the outside of the tree stand and adjust it according to your bow. I will DR a picture of the tree stand and re reply to your post. Just keep in mind this will only work if you have a str8 truss on your tree stand. The bow holder is VERY adjustable and seems very sturdy and you can adjust it to the specific andgle your bow requires. This is the kind of treestand I have and mine already has 2 accessory rails and yours may not if not do what I said and you should be fine. The acessory bar and bow holder is about 1 1/2' long

8. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Back when I first started ta treestand hunt we made our own and used treated plywood for tha floor and would take a folding stool up with us or a block of styrofoam covered with camo cloth. It worked very well. :biggrin1: