Hunt Alone?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by bullfiddle, Oct 28, 2007.

1. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

How many folks primarily hunt by themselves. I used to hunt with a friend of mine several years back but he got a divorce and I haven't seen him much since. I have hunted by myself for probably the last 10 years. I get kinda worried about it from time to time because anything could happen in the woods and I am not as young as I once was. It could take hours maybe even days before someone noticed I was missing........:lol: :lol:

2. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

I hunt alone 90% of the time. Doesn't bother me too much. Sometimes Dano and I hunt together and I enjoy that also, but our schedules rarely allow us to do that much.

3. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I now primarily hunt alone but bring food, water (gatorade), first-aid kit and a cell phone with me in my pack and I tell sombody exactly where I'm going to be and for about how long.
    I'm not in the middle of nowhere so if something does happen help is pretty close.

Ron

4. BowTechArch

BowTechArch Senior Member

.. :rockon:

5. OA3D

OA3D Member

I hunt alone most of the time too. Last guy I hunted with tried to shoot me.:doh:
    Most trips are last minute, oh hey I got time and don't know many people in the area.
    I'm not afraid of getting hurt, accidents are somewhat avoidable, so I'm extra cautious. What does concern me is field dressing and dragging a deer out by myself.:frusty:

6. goldflinger

goldflinger Senior Member

We go out to stand by ourself, but around here we can usually see the house from our stand. Sometimes we will carry walkies, just in case.

7. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

This is the first year that I'm hunting alone...
    It's alittle strange but I'm getting used to it...:noidea:

8. red44

red44 Senior Member

Yup, bowhunting is mostly solo for me too. No big woods here either though.

9. Martlet

Martlet Junior Member

I pretty much hunt everything alone.

10. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

usually, 90% of the time I hunt alone.

11. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

I enjoy huntin' by myself
    Have since 93
    Got ta thinkin the other day I have some really good palces and I ain't gittin any younger maybe need ta git me a protege and show him all my places so he can enjoy what I have spent years findin'

12. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

Hey Pick ME, Pick ME.......:peace:

13. KYHUNTER

KYHUNTER Junior Member

this is the first year that i have hunted alone quite a bit. it's a little bit different, but now I can come and go as i please.

14. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I am Available...........:lol:

15. Dens228

Dens228 Senior Member

Alone 99% of the time.

16. jt13077

jt13077 Senior Member

I hunt alone most of the time, I enjoy the alone time.

17. OneMustFall

OneMustFall Member

Me too!

18. I missed

I missed Senior Member

most of the time i hunt alone but a trip with my father kind of put things in perspective, i was already in stand when my dad noticed his hat was laying on the ground as he leaned over the edge of this old ladder stand he heard a crack and the next thing he knew he was laying on the ground. fortunatly he was ok but he landed right on his head and it could have been bad. then what, i couldve came lookin for him 2 hours later and found him cold and dead!!!!!!!

19. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

Same here...i hunt by my self and like it better that way but i do think about things that can go wrong.One thing that i've done is take my wife to some of the places i hunt at mark twain forests and now she knows the roads/logging roads that i'll be on and before i leave to go hunting i'll leave a note saying where i'll be and if i'm not home by a certain time.....than something went wrong.

20. I missed

I missed Senior Member

smart thinkin:biggrin1: