hunt ohio

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by kbohunt, Mar 9, 2007.

1. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

Ive booked a hunt in adam's/pebble's county,ohio.
    anyone ever hunted in or near this area.
    outtfitter only take's bowhunter's/140 class or better.

Ken.:biggrin1:

2. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

out of state

Since know one hasnt hunted in ohio.
    how many hunter's have hunted out of the state they live in for deer & have
    had success on a big buck & which state.

common let's seeum.:biggrin1:

3. jre4192

jre4192 Junior Member

Are you referring to the peebles area in Adams County? If so, I live about 45 minutes from there and am not familiar with any guides or hunt providers in that area. Can I ask who you are booking with? I do know that there were at least 3 190 inch plus deer killed in Adams County last year, all by bow hunters.

4. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

peebles

:biggrin1:
    Yes ive booked with brush creek outfitter's small outfit but they seem to have there stuff togeather,ive never hunted ohio,& was wondering about this area.
    the guide sayed;5 track's 1000 ac.total some in adem's county and in pebble's,on the outskirt's of brushcreek state park.
    is this a productive area,any information would be helpful.:biggrin1:

5. jre4192

jre4192 Junior Member

You should have a pretty good shot at seeing some big buck. Like I said there were 3 190's killed within 20 minutes of there this past season.

6. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

ohio

Ive got a couple question's if ya dont mind answering them.
    is this area flat,mountain's,or mixed.have you ever hunted here.
    the guide sent some pic's of a 194 1/4 inch buck that was taken on yhe first day of bow season 12pt.26inches.wide.261lb's.the bigest body & rack ive seen.they dont get that big down here in va.the biggest ive taken was only 144 1/2,& 20 1/8 inch wide.& 180lb.
    i just cant wait to see a live deer over 200lb's i guess i better take a hole bunch of cooler's in case i get lucky.:laugh:

7. jre4192

jre4192 Junior Member

I've never hunted the area you will be in, but I've driven through it on several occasions. I'm guessing it will be flatter than you are accustomed to. There may be some ravines and ridge tops, but generally flat. The genetics are definately in the area. Dont hold your breath waiting on a 190 inch deer to walk by. They are here, but most of them dont mess up. If you have email I could send you some pics of deer killed in Adams Co. this past year.

8. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

big buck's

Ive seen hundred's of pic's of buck's in this area already.
    im not going to wait on a 190 the main reason im going is to watch my 19year old son , try to tag one just big enough to put on the wall.
    the biggest he's shot was a 7point 16inches wide,& i told him the first 8 or better that was big enough i would mount it.:biggrin1:
    as for me if one is equal to some of the 5 i have on the wall ill takeem & that's not saying much the smallest 129/9pt & the biggest 144/10pt.
    also the land i hunt in va is flat-farmland.2200ac.in the same hunt club for 25year's south/central va.ive hunted nc/sc.& that's it but im going to start traveling to different states.