hunter peep sight!

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by OneMustFall, Sep 6, 2007.

1. OneMustFall

OneMustFall Member

hello, is their a special way to tie in a hunter type peep sight so the serving doesnt stretch on both ends,ive tried a few different ways and just cant get it to stay or is that a commen problem........it seems iam always reserving it..........thanks for any advise.................:peace:

2. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I tie mine in with one piece of serving instead of two.
    I serve below the peep and then wind the serving around the outside of the peep (most have grooves wheer you can do this), and continue serving above the peep and then tie it off. Since I've served peeps in like that I have never had one move.

I'll see if I can take a pic but my digital camera is lame and it don't do well on close-up shots... I'll give it a shot though.

Ron

3. poorman

poorman And thats no lie !

4. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

You're the man.... Poorman...

Yes, that's exactly what I'm talking about. It works very well, just keep good tension on the serving thread while you're doing that. Take your time and it will work out well.

Thanks for the link...

Ron

5. OneMustFall

OneMustFall Member

ya ive seen that pic before,but i use a peep with a tube,but i tie mine just like that but i stay to one side,maybe next time ill start from the bottom up and use a little more serving!
    thanks guys..........

6. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I use about an inch of serving above and below the peep. Heck, the stuff weighs next to nothing and your WAY better off not having you peep move than having a bit more thread on your string... A 1/16" peep movement can mean inches at the target at 20 yards.

Good luck...

Ron