Hunting arrow fletchings?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by BUNNYMAN, Mar 2, 2006.

1. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

What is everyone using for fletchings on your hunting arrows? And now for the tuff part Why? Just wondering.

2. Pinky

Pinky Senior Member

Blazers. They do well thru a biscuit and really put the spin on the shaft. ;)

3. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I also am experimenting w/Blazers want to see results when Shoot them at 30-40 yds. 20 yds at dart screen they fly pretty good.

4. dzingale

dzingale Senior Member

I like the vanetechs. They are very consistant and very durable.

5. VA Vince

VA Vince Junior Member

Blazers

I am shooting blazers on axis 340's. They fly great with a 3 blade muzzy and field points.

6. jasper2588

jasper2588 Junior Member

Hunting arrow fletchings

I have been using 4" QuikSpins on Easton ACC's for a couple of years now and like the flight I get with my broadheads.:biggrin1:

7. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Blazers all the way

I put blazers on my arrows last year and did not have to mess with getting the right broadhead on each arrow. My BH's flew GREAT with the blazers.

Frank

8. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Hey frank which braodheads you use. I can see another question thread comming.....

9. BowhuntnHoosier

Broadheads

I have shot nothing but 125gr 3-blade muzzys for the past 5 years. They are definately my best flying BH's.

Frank

10. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Have you ever tried the four blade muzzys? Results? I like the Four blade 100gr, And for mechanicals I still like the spitfire pro series

11. BowhuntnHoosier

Nope

Never tried the 4-blades yet. As for mechanicals never tried them. Just like the dropaways I fear mechanicals can fail to open and that would not be cool. It takes me a while to feel confident with new things I mean come on I still shoot Aluminum arrows but am going to carbon for 3D.

Frank

12. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Switching to carbon arrows??? You can teach an OLD dawg new tricks.:peace:

13. oldstyle

oldstyle Junior Member

I have been using, easton diamond vanes. But after reading the posts, I may have to try blazers. Have also used feathers, with no problems. Can't say why i am currently using vanes.

14. Allen

Allen Senior Member

Feathers indoors - I may change next year. I like the way that they fly, but the durability doesn't seem to be as good as vanes.

Vanetecs for hunting & 3D

15. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

I shot blazers the last two years. I am looking forward to trying the 3.125" Quikspin this year. Lighter than last years 4" but supposedly spins just as fast as the 4"

16. joekidd

joekidd Member

I am using 4 inch Spin Wings. They really get the arrow spinning, and stabilize quickly.

17. zip4644

zip4644 Junior Member

4 inch bared feathers, because they look great and fly like a dart, also use 100 grain montecs fixed blades.