Hunting Arrows

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Riko, Dec 6, 2007.

1. Riko

Riko Junior Member

What are the best arrows available for hunting and 3D. I have heard of tools to change the weight to make them exact. Please advise of any web sites for info. Thank you..

2. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

Ha Riko

There is no BEST:doh:
    There are some that are better than others and there are some that shoot better on certain bows.
    It all depends on what u use like a drop-away rest or a wisker-bisquit or a tm hunter rest etc.

What u need to ask is: This is what im shooting and i hunt and im getting into 3D
    Tell about your shooting style:rope release,d-loop,what do u use.
    and ask what would u guys & Gals recommend ?

Anyway what do u shoot ?:noidea:

3. MeanV2

MeanV2 Senior Member

In my Opinion some of the best arrows I have used are ACC's, Full Metal Jacket's, and CX Maxima line, especially the weight forward Maxima. There new Kevlar weight forward shaft should be awesome:cool:

Dan

4. Long Draw

Long Draw Banned

Beman 9.3's if you want to put emphasis on 3D. Most any brand name carbon hunting dia. shaft if you want to put emphasis on hunting. Proper spine to your set up is important.

5. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

This is true....... you'll have to try a few to get the ones you like...

6. Riko

Riko Junior Member

Best Arrows for my set up

Thanks... You guys are awesome....After shooting a Mathews Ultra Max for years, I switched to a Bow Tech Tribute. It is set at 58-60lbs, 28'' draw length, Trophy Ridge drop away rest, string loop.....I have some 27" Gold Tip XT 5575 left over from my Mathews. I bought some 28" CE Maxima 250 with the Tribute a year ago. I want advice on the latest and greatest on the market today. A guy the range tweaked the weight of his arrows and his 30 to 50 yard groups really tightened up!!!! Thanks guys..

Last edited: Dec 6, 2007