Hunting ...Stabilizer/silencer poll.

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by bagel77, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Posten

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
  2. Doinker

9 vote(s)
    27.3%
  3. Fuse archery

3 vote(s)
    9.1%
  4. Limbsaver

9 vote(s)
    27.3%
  5. AEP

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. B-Stinger

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
  7. Dead center Stabilizers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Control Freak

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. bagel77

bagel77 New Member

OKay I am putting up a poll. I am interested in what everyone is using. If you have used more then one of these or can give good info about the product please feel free to post. I do not want this to become a petty stab post like most seem to do. I do not want Money being used as an issue. Just the functionablity. As a stabilizer AND SILENCER. This post/poll is for hunting purposes...not 3D or target. Any good comparison feed back on these would be great. I tried to get most of the stab company's I have run cross in here but I am sure I didn't get them all and I sorry if I did. It is not personal

ALSO what length Stabilizer/silencer/dampener are you using?

2. bagel77

bagel77 New Member

3. Trufire06

Trufire06 -FrEaKNaStY-

Posten W/o a doubt. So many options/ choices to choose from, and he can match any setup unlike most company's :peace:

4. Skewtir

Skewtir New Member

4 weeks ago, I purchased the NAP Blackjack Stabilizer and I have to say I'm extremely satisfied. This has reduced what little vibration I was getting, as well as improved my grouping. It's 5" and camo. Great hunting stabilizer...get's great reviews also!

5. BuckeyeRed

BuckeyeRed Super Member

Stealth.....6". :thumb:

6. mangler

mangler New Member

I use the 14 ounce 12 inch B-Stinger for hunting. I also happen to use the same stab for target as I don't like to change my setups at all.

7. red44

red44 Senior Member

I've got a couple of the less expensive 11.5 inch doinkers. They seem to do the job. I also have an 8 inch steath, also seems to work. I've not tried many on your list, so I really can't compare. Hunting is a one shot deal, I would rather the stabilization first, then noise reduction. You can't make them silent. I've been tempted to take the 18 inch AEP in to the stand too, but I'd hate to scratch it.

8. trussoni

trussoni Ninja Fighting Fool

At the moment I use an Equalizer Stabilizer 10.5" and I think that it is like 8.5oz not sure. I am thinking on getting a different one in the near future but this one works fine. No experiecne with the ones on your list so I did not vote.

9. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

I don't think it matters which brand you chose. To me it seems the heavier the stabilizer the more forgiving and quieter it is. I have one of the doinkers that is heavier that I use for 3d because it is more forgiving. But for hunting I have an old limb saver tarantula??, it is lighter and I can feel more hand shock. But I like to keep my bow as light as I can for hunting. Just personal preferance.

10. Illustrator

Illustrator Baaaa!!!!

SCoil right now...

Might switch to a Posten at some point to throw a little more weight on my DXT, but there are a host of other upgrades/items I need first, like a better case, new arrows, etc etc etc

11. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

Postens on all my bows...hunting AND target!

12. CSS Shooter

CSS Shooter Senior Member

nap

Nap 800 is what I use.

13. rpford53

rpford53 Member

I perfer the Vibracheck ICON.